BUILD THREAD BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL=re creating my first car a 1979 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Decided to go ahead and sell this Regal for $2500. Some may think it's too high but you couldn't build it for that. I have a 55 Belair 4 door found. It was driven into a shop in the mid 90s and left. I have ton's of extra 55 parts here.
I would have jumped at it for $2500 if I didn't already have my car. Hadn't seen any vids on your 55 lately. Hope you are doing well. When are you going to put an engine in the truck?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
If I didn't already have two cars and a truck, I'd be driving to Catoosa tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
So a break down of the car is in order if you have not been following along. 1980 Regal bolted onto a complete rust and accident free 1987 SS Monte Carlo chassis. 3.73 posi rear, SS Monte CZ coded 2004R trans. New wheel cylinders, brake shoes, axle seals and pinion seal. New ball joints, a arm bushings, drilled and slotted rotors, bearings, calipers, brake shoes, idler arm, and urethane bushings on sway bar. It has a rebuilt 350 engine, 30 over dish pistons, 305 HO ported heads (rebuilt), 467 lift cam, Melling oil pump, Cloyes double roller chain, Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake, 600 Holley, MSD HEI, full tube headers with Flowmasters. New water pump, fuel pump, alternator, belts, hoses, heater valve, fan clutch, thermostat, Champion 4 row radiator. Has new Optima battery, cables, and mini starter. Tires I bought new 2 years ago but one tire has a broken belt I guess. Bucket seats from 85 SS Monte, factory Regal console, and brand new carpet. Reman power steering pump with new hoses. New U joints too. I know I'm forgetting stuff. The car will need a front end alignment and one tire

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Transmission rebuilt with shift kit and a few other goodies.

Rust fixed.

Body blocked and epoxy primed.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
New body mounts

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
So I was bored and went for another drive in the Regal. Another long video of talking about different things. If anything, there's a good stop to rolling burnout at 20.26. I nice 2-3 scratch while on it at around 17.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sad to see you won't get to enjoy it but glad to see it go to a good home. Thanks for saving another G Body. I hope your financial situation improves soon.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
I loved watching each and everyone of your videos building this car , your work is amazing.

I am so sad to see you have to part ways with it , But understand why now.

Hopefully in your future there be another G -body built.

till then good luck and be safe.

Dave

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor