BAD LUCK AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
For me oil pressure is the one mechanical gauge that I like keeping mechanical, with no sender that can go bad you either have oil pressure or you don't.
Since using copper or braided tubing solves the issue I will stay with them.

I'm with you on that , my temp and oil are mechanical, if the gas gauge or volt guage malfunction without me being aware all I need is a tow truck instead of an engine if it was an electric oil or temp gauge that went bad

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
As I’ve said before, this stuff is all new to me. Give me a door or fender to straighten and lighn up, I’m at home. All this mechanical stuff is trial and ERRORS for me.
You're doing fine. Stuff like this happens. We all learn this way occasionally.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Pronto-

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2014
Been there done that. Mine blew while I was driving and shot oil all over my shoe. The only way I would use mechanical gauges is with AN line and fittings.

Reactions: 1 user

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
i hade a 79 old delta 88 royale that i used the plastic line with and i did fine until it warmed up and touched the egr valve. you could tell i had good oil pressure. sold the car to an older mechanic and he put a 455 rocket in it boy did it smooth out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor