Best axle swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyUtah1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 17, 2018
My suggestion would be to hold off on buying any parts yet. Build the car on paper front to back before buying anything and it will likely save you dozens of hours and thousands of dollars.
READ READ READ. There is a ton of info on this site, almost too much, but it's way easier to learn from others' successes and failures.
Don't get in a hurry.

Oh I’m gonna be all over this site
My suggestion would be to hold off on buying any parts yet. Build the car on paper front to back before buying anything and it will likely save you dozens of hours and thousands of dollars.
READ READ READ. There is a ton of info on this site, almost too much, but it's way easier to learn from others' successes and failures.
Don't get in a hurry.

Your probably right but wouldn’t this be a steal for 900 bucks
Don't get in a hurry.
Don't get in a hurry.

You are definitely right but there’s a Ford 9” for sale that is affordable and it h
Don't get in a hurry.

Your definitely but I did find a ford 9 “ that is affordable it seems like that’s really the way to go

The one I found is already set up for a g body with 456 gears what is the gear ratio doing exactly

What else do I need to take in consideration on the axle aspect

With the ford 9 “ if it is set up right should it bolt
up with minor modifications or will I be changing drive shafts

I know I still have a lot to learn just trying to see what my best options are

JohnnyUtah1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 17, 2018
Oh I’m gonna be all over this site

Your probably right but wouldn’t this be a steal for 900 bucks

You are definitely right but there’s a Ford 9” for sale that is affordable and it h

Your definitely but I did find a ford 9 “ that is affordable it seems like that’s really the way to go

The one I found is already set up for a g body with 456 gears what is the gear ratio doing exactly

What else do I need to take in consideration on the axle aspect

With the ford 9 “ if it is set up right should it bolt
up with minor modifications or will I be changing drive shafts

I know I still have a lot to learn just trying to see what my best options are

The first part of that post got all messed up sorry about that

Here’s a pic of the axle I’m looking at

Attachments

• EAB8A6C2-6AEF-45A4-9FF1-D96A3D0BEA8E.jpeg
    EAB8A6C2-6AEF-45A4-9FF1-D96A3D0BEA8E.jpeg
    818.4 KB · Views: 400

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what is that axle out of?. I would be concerned with the caliper hitting the frame with the rotor so far inboard. The studs will need to be changed as well

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
What is that 10 bolt out of ?? As Driven said if you plan on upgrading, what is your expections and find out what you need to achieve them.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor