Best exaust for this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purple hornies and glasspacks are the same thing just a flow through muffler a lot of other companies make the same thing.I have glass packs on my mustang and they are not loud.The trick is the longer the muffler the better but the fiberglass in them burns out over time.

I guess I don't know, the purple hornies I had were the longest ones you could get with collectors on them and turn downs on them. They were crap, if you ask me. As far as flowmasters sounding bad. I guess I've never heard that before, honestly. The only way I can imagine a flowmaster sounding bad is on a Geo Storm :lol:

maybe i should rephrase that. it wasnt so much that they sounded bad, they were kinda loud they just popped really bad and sounded REALLY (i gues best term to describe it) hollow. they might have sounded like this because the dumbass'es put the mufflers on backwards. i think im going to stay with the flowmasters because they are free, if i end up not liking em i will put something else on one day. I think running em in front of the front tire is what im looking for, so that will prolly be what i end up doing.

Yeah, I guess I can't say what one would sound like installed backwards. But in knowing how they are designed to 'flow' I'm sure it was very restrictive thus causing a less then tasteful sound. If there free use them, if you don't like them you can pick up some cherry bombs at any parts store for like $20 ea. I don't however think you'll be disappointed with the flow's. Let us know

k i will keep you updated, i called my exhaust guy today to come out and take a look and give me a rough qoute. i need to get my carborator problem solved, then its exaust time.

By the way, most of the flowmaster set ups around the drag strip here are 3 inch to the muffler with turn downs.
Flows work better, and sound better, and make horsepower, by have at least 18-24 inches behind the muffler to make the sound waves line up and avoid the interior, teeth rattling resonance you may have experienced.
Go with any big turbos and it shoud sound good.

Score a double hump(for dual exhaust) trans crossmember to have better ground clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor