Best exaust for this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
Ok I have a chevorlet 350 motor, Edlebrach carborator, Edelbrach intake, vortech heads, and I will probally get hedman headers. I want the best mix of sound and performance without crackles and obnoxiously loud sound. Kinda a tuned exaust sound. I wanna know what to tel the exaust shop when I take it to them. I have some used flowmaster mufflers I could use or would it be a better idea to get new ones or a different brand?

2.5 inch X or H pipe, flowmaster regular 40's is a really nice sounding set up. make sure to run it all the way back, you will get allot of resonance with turn downs.

v8power said:
2.5 inch X or H pipe, flowmaster regular 40's is a really nice sounding set up. make sure to run it all the way back, you will get allot of resonance with turn downs.

I agree! Stay away from Flowmaster Super 40's I'm running them and they resonate at 1800 and 2300 RPM's. It will drive you crazy. You will want to have it balanced so spend the money and get it X-Piped. You'll need an aftermarket crossmember too! Or have yours cut.

I agree! Stay away from Flowmaster Super 40's I'm running them and they resonate at 1800 and 2300 RPM's. It will drive you crazy. You will want to have it balanced so spend the money and get it X-Piped. You'll need an aftermarket crossmember too! Or have yours cut.

i think super 40's are notorious for that!! the regular 40's rock though. i have known several people that had that same problem on the super 40's. the way it looks in your pic you do have a full exhaust system, not just dumps. you could go with a H or X, it really does not matter, but i would spend the money on the jegster x member, they fit really good.

umm.. not messing with the crossmember. I guess I will e sticking with a h pipe!

well if you want dual exhaust then you will need to notch or get a after market x member, regardless of X or H pipe. its not that big of a deal, just a little extra time.

Would an exaust shop modify the cross memeber for you?

I would definatly get a new crross member if your going duals. G-Force has the best crossmembers . As for setups you can get the pypes kit with the mufflers they have and it sounds amazing. the have clips at the pypes website

jdeezdavis said:
I would definatly get a new crross member if your going duals. G-Force has the best crossmembers . As for setups you can get the pypes kit with the mufflers they have and it sounds amazing. the have clips at the pypes website

Im running a Gforce TH-350 crossmember and a Pypes 2.5" system with X-pipe. The kit is definetly worth the fairly cheap price considering its all stainless and I definetly noticed the performance gain from the Xpipe, also sounds really good when full throttle. the fitment wasnt as good as my last system though, which was a Torq Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor