Best security methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Take the wheels off, put it on blocks! 8) Or just try stuff that thieves wont expect people to do. Of course do an alarm, but do extra stuff like fuel shutoff, battery shutoff, igniton shutoff. And make those things hard to find or notice. Those people arent mechanics, they wont take the time to figure it out.

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
ive got a keypad ignition like transporter 2.

Serious
I bought it for an old project, I'm going to use it on my cutty.
Also kill switches are a must, I keep it in a locked garage.
Check to see if anyone fallows me.
I Have a few guns, and yes I will shoot someone over my car.
My Car > criminals life.
Wheel boots are Niiiice, they work well.
Also do the removeable wheel with the lock.
A car is useless without a steeringwheel, when theres a locking collar over the colum.

Last but not least, keep a Cougar in the car.
(not an older attractive women)

83CuttyDblR

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
get a train horn, wit a air tank, its loud, there are some clips on youtube.

get a grant steering wheel kit where u can remove the steering wheel & take it in the house with you.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
have you guys also considered lojack? even if they do get you car you can track them and have the police pick em up. theres also the removeable steering wheel and the kill switch. i wanna install a secret starter switch in mine. so if ya try to start it, nothin, till ya find the switch.

83CuttyDblR

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
beermonkey9417 said:
have you guys also considered lojack? even if they do get you car you can track them and have the police pick em up. theres also the removeable steering wheel and the kill switch. i wanna install a secret starter switch in mine. so if ya try to start it, nothin, till ya find the switch.

where are u getting the switch from, or are u crafting it yourself?

Represent316

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
joe_padavano said:
Rockstar said:
On my last car i had a pager alarm and had the alarm hooked up to the train horns behind the grille so when the alarm went off everyone in a 3 mile radius knew it. I want to try and make some sort of push button start that needs a special key instead of the regular column key.

Alarms are worthless. When was the last time anyone here called the cops because they heard a car alarm going off (and I don't mean because it was disturbing the peace)?

The best deterrent I've ever used is to remove the steering wheel. This sounds hard, but on Olds sport wheels, you pop the horn button and six screws later the wheel is in your hand. I could get it on or off in 90 seconds.

Alarm's are NOT worthless. The one thing that makes people "Ignore" them, Is Improper set-up's, Causing "FALSING". It all depends on where you live. I used to live in a Low income housing apt, Filled with thug's, And nobody ever messed with my car.

Sure there are people that can "Get around them." Most of the time, Its the person who installed the alarm in the car, in the first place.

My notes for keeping a G-Body safe, Is to have your window's PROPERLY adjusted,

Keyed hood lock,

A 2 way LCD alarm, INSTALLED YOURSELF. Brain mounted high in dash, Battery back-up, Mercury switches, Battery back-up Siren [Well consealed.], Several Pizzo's in the dash / driver area / around battery to starter wire, Wiring hidden in factory loom [If car's equiped with Airbag's, Use Yellow loom, ect under the dash to make it look like Airbag wiring.].

Ignition, and fuel cut off's.

and possibly a removable wheel.

Sure it can be flatbedded.. But the mercury switches are gonna have the alarm going off, As soon as the car's un-level'd, There gonna try to cut the battery ground, But its gonna continue to work because of the battery back up. So thier gonna go after the siren.. All this, While your being paged. There gonna cut the wire to the siren [IF they can handle the PIZZO's ringin in thier ear's], and it'll fail.. But the one with battery back-up at this point will not shut off untill a special Key is used, or its smashed.

If your car has AIRRIDE, Get a removable switch box. and lay it out before you leave it.

At SOMEPOINT, As long as your alarm doesnt false all the time.. SOMEONES gonna get curios / mad and take a look. Also, Once an alarm goes off, More then likley the thief [Unless he's a true crook.], is gonna bail.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
There are a couple of cheap things you can do, but all for deterrent. The steering wheel is nice, but you can also cut each end of your hot wire to the key ignition, put an easily removable switch on each end; take the wire out when you go in and just tuck it back in when you leave.

I take my ground battery cable off when its just sitting for a few days. You could also pop off an important vacuum tube so there's no getting anywhere. There's lots of things you can tweak which makes it hard for someone to steal. If you do a few things like that, the thief isn't going to want to spend hours finding what is wrong with your car.

But then, there are always trailers and winches for someone to take it, I guess if someone really wants to steal it then they will.

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
Train horns.
2 of them under the dash.
and 2 of them under the hood
trust me no thief is gonna stay in a car when train horns are blowing in thier face.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
A dog collar works really well. Alarms (good ones) can be very effective. Or open your hood and unplug your distributor or coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor