Best security methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2007
Hrm, I was under the impression that the column guard would let you start the car with the guard on...

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
there is that bar piece at the top that you lock on so that the wheel cannot turn even if they get it started somehow. i dont use that with mine, i just have a lock thrown on there

twisted

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2008
hey lue this is for your own fyi. I am not knocking what you have but
I pulled this from there own website

"Some trimming of the overall length of the bracket may be required. This can be done with a hacksaw or any similar tool. Again, much of this depends on the location where the lock will be installed."

and there recomeneded locks
http://youtube.com/results?search_query ... arch_type=

spider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2007
Picking a lock and then having to break into the column, I'd rather that they have to do both than just break only.

Reactions: 1 user

85Supreme403

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2008
Well i have the pager alarm w/air horns, column lock, couple of kill switchs, two mean *ss pitbulls in the yard, the car gets parked right in front of the porch which happens to be right by my window and the two AKs and .40 ruger are my anti theft lol, yes u can steal my car, but by the time u made it that far u would have 20 or so holes in you, you cant even get half way across my yard before my dog is trying to break her chain (dont see how she keeps doing that) so i know when someone is here, car doesn't get parked anywhere where i cant see it and the .40 stays on me when im out lol

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Forget a ak with its tiny 7.62mm i carry a smith and wesson magnum 500 hunter with 700 grain bullets.Best things you can do is best insurance you can afford and if you have a system don't blast it around your house your neighbors are always the first ones to rob you.

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
I've never understood why these conversations turn to guns. Nobody that has one would be willing to use it, and if you would be willing you have other issues that I don't even want to hear about.

It's a car, protect it, yes, but bragging that you have a gun and would use it on a petty car thief is beyond "normal". It's not like anyone reading these posts would be considering ripping off your car anyway.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT

85Supreme403

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2008
87MonteSS said:
Nobody that has one would be willing to use it

if i wasn't then why would i waste my money buying it? its not a decoration its there for a reason yes i will use it if u break into my sh*t

87MonteSS said:
It's not like anyone reading these posts would be considering ripping off your car anyway.

probably not, but this post was about how u protect your car, and that is part of my cars security, a armed guard

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i think i would shoot someone if they were on my property stealing my stuff, thing is i would NOT shoot to kill, i couldnt do that unless my life or my my familys lives were in danger. i would either shoot and miss on purpose to scare them senseless or if they were really messing with my stuff and not a kid i might shoot them in the leg to stop them so they can be prosicuted and learn their leason. i think that if i was a punk kid and as much as heard a gun shot they would think twice before they messed with my stuff or anyone elses for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor