Best security methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
Steering column collar will give you a good visual deterant and slow them down if they do try and take it but locks only keep honest people honest, if they want it bad enough they will get it. The best thing to do is have the car appraised and buy the correct insurance.

85Supreme403

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2008
regalman4925 said:
i think i would shoot someone if they were on my property stealing my stuff, thing is i would NOT shoot to kill, i couldnt do that unless my life or my my familys lives were in danger. i would either shoot and miss on purpose to scare them senseless or if they were really messing with my stuff and not a kid i might shoot them in the leg to stop them so they can be prosicuted and learn their leason. i think that if i was a punk kid and as much as heard a gun shot they would think twice before they messed with my stuff or anyone elses for that matter.

thing about that is most people that are going around breaking into things now a days have guns to if u shoot them and dont kill them they most likely are going to shoot back, in my yard u will get two hollow points to the chest

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
and given todays legal environment, if you shoot them in the leg they'll sue you. and they WILL win. 2 in the chest, one in the head, they won't ever complain. just use a legal weapon so the cops don't have too much paperwork.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
If you shoot anyone in the leg, you need to work on your aim.
Always shoot center mass. Always. If you don't need to kill a person, you shouldn't be shooting at him in the first place.

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Geesie said:
If you shoot anyone in the leg, you need to work on your aim.
Always shoot center mass. Always. If you don't need to kill a person, you shouldn't be shooting at him in the first place.

And that supports my point of being willing to shoot someone over your car. Get real people.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
87montess in most states its legal to do Kentucky you can be shot for trespassing alone.Still tho the best thing is good insurance nothing can stop a tow truck the repo ones can pick up a car in under 20 sec and drive off.

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
yes you can.....haha...screw with my car

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
And that supports my point of being willing to shoot someone over your car. Get real people.

you didn't grow up with John Wayne or Clint Eastwood, did you? just kidding.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
well the police dont care about some car thats worth less then 2000 blue book so are we suppose to just let them take it??? thats the problem, these people get away with it and the situation never ends. i have had friends that have had their cars stolen and they never saw them again. i have 15 grand sitting in my regal and close to 10 in my cutlass, do you think i am going to just let these people take what i have worked my *ss of for for the last decade??? hell no! and if it is on my property then i think i have the right to protect my property! i dont like the idea of shooting someone but these people are the scum of the earth, they are the ones our taxes are paying for to keep in prison, many of these people are likely living off of unemployement, wellfair...... like i said above if it is a kid then i would not even think about it, they deserve a second chance but there are people that live their whole lives in and out of jail, selling drugs to our children, stealing our cars, breaking into our homes..... im sorry i have worked my *ss off for everything i have and im not letting someone take any of it from me if i can stop it. i had a car broken into like i said before, we cought the kids red handed but when we cought up with them they had already ditched everything they had taken so the cops said we couldnt do anything. we even had a clear fingerprint on a bottle of cough surup that we found that had my girlfriends name on it to prove it came from our car and they never prossessed it. they stole a pack of cigerettes from the car also that they had on them still, cops told us we could not prove that they were my girlfriends. i had my boat stolen once, luckely i found it right away and they only took the sirius radio out of it but they scraped up the side pulling it into a slip at the marina, guess what they did about it? nothing! i got rear ended by a illegal mexican, hit and run but i got the plate number and all, filed a report, they told me who owned the car and that they did not have insurance. they told me that they would be calling in the next few days. guess what they did, never called never did anything. i had to fix the *ss end of my cadillac out of my own pocket, cadillac parts are not cheap! cops are not doing sh*t to these people so you expect me not to defend my property?????

bulldog_m_c

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2008
stolen

put a battery kill switch, but a wheel boot, there are alot of good suggestion on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor