Best sub $100 job you did to your GBody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Heated O2 sensor upgrade.

Quality distributor cap and rotor with brass contacts.

Larger oil filter.

Reactions: 2 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Id say my electric fan upgrade was well worth it and I only paid about $70 for everything I needed. These are junkyard parts I pulled myself and thats where the savings are. As stated above though, the hidden cost to this was upgrading my alternator to handle the higher draw. The alternator needed replacing anyways so I consider than one a separate upgrade altogether.

Reactions: 5 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
$50 for sheet metal and $50 for my friend to weld the piece for the trunk, also a free can of POR-15. Easily best $100 spent.

Reactions: 3 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Jeep/Astro steering shaft $10
97-2000 monte carlo remote keyless entry module $30
Window tint $25
LED gauge lights $10
Turbotweak chip $100

Reactions: 4 users

2ABodies1FBody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2014
Jeep/Astro steering shaft $10
97-2000 monte carlo remote keyless entry module $30
Window tint $25
LED gauge lights $10
Turbotweak chip $100
What's the story with the keyless entry module? Is it a standalone module?(doesn't need a bcm) Do you just run power and ground to it and connect it to the lock solenoids?

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
I am also interested in how this keyless entry module works
found this about a year back and have been wanting to do it in my Wifes S10 because the aftermarket alarm/locks system. Was going to use her truck as a guinea pig before I do it to my Regal.

Reactions: 3 users

2ABodies1FBody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2014
found this about a year back and have been wanting to do it in my Wifes S10 because the aftermarket alarm/locks system. Was going to use her truck as a guinea pig before I do it to my Regal.
Excellent! Thank you!

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017

Much appreciated! Thank you.

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
I found my next project. Just wish I could finish one before starting another!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor