Best way to lower a

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyIIMan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2005
These are a brand called Spring Tec. 1.5in Drop springs. They ride nice, firmer then the stock onesbut not bone jarring. I am very pleased with the ride compared to other lowered cars ive rode in. And this is also with a MonroeMatic Gas shocks.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
ChevyIIMan said:
These are a brand called Spring Tec. 1.5in Drop springs. They ride nice, firmer then the stock onesbut not bone jarring. I am very pleased with the ride compared to other lowered cars ive rode in. And this is also with a MonroeMatic Gas shocks.

chevy...can you give me a link to Spring Tec. I tried looking for them but can't seem to find those springs any place. Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
ChevyIIMan said:
Check Ebay thats where I found them

I looked on Ebay but no luck....was there a company name and maybe an address on the box that you received the springs in?

thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
thanks chevy....the price is right that's for sure. I emailed them asking about the spring rate. I know you posted that the ride is nice and did it drop the vehicle 1.5" all the way around?.

ChevyIIMan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2005
I noticed about 1inch drop all the way around. So from stock ride height im sure it was right at 1.5in.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I ended up installing Eibach Pro Kits. The front is nice but the back end lowered too much. The back was distinctively lower than the front so I put a rubber 1" spacer in the springs as a temp fix. Eibach does not list springs for a GP but they do for other G Bodies like a Monte Carlo and the rear is suppose to drop 0.8". I don't think there is any difference with the rear end set up between a GP or an MC so I plan to give Eibach a call today..

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
want to raise the reasrend?

I used to work at and autoparts supply store how I chose the springs for my regal was at the back of the moog spring book is a chart. Find the replacment part # the write down all the info: spring ends, spring weight, unsprung height. Then go through the chart starting at spring ends and find a set that is taller unsprung/same springweight, or close to the same height/higher spring weight. I did this and raised the ride height of my car even 2". I can't remember the part #'s though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor