BETTY RUMBLE - '87 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Duh, u said umi cut a deal on springs/shocks. Makes me wonder if I'm gonna need to drop my cutlass more. In this pic I have 1" drop hotchkis springs and koni shocks, but i think the new poly body mounts took away the "drop" and it looks like stock height ugh! What's your thought? Once i get tires mounted i will see how it sits, probably gonna have to go to a 2 or 3" drop.
20150621_153323.jpg

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I'm going to make an attempt to get my Salon to the Salina show with you. We will probably be the only two Cutlass' there. Love the wheels

Yeah I keep forgetting to tell you I can't make the Claremore one, my aunt in WI picked that weekend to get married.... That'd be awesome though. The only G-Body last year was a Dk red Monte SS, but it was all closed up and nobody sitting near by. Stick around for the completely unsafe burnout show on main street with no barriers or anything except the fire dept. standing by keeping the road wet....

In other news, got part of the shop cleaned up since it had starting collecting crap I was never going to use. Scraps of wood, boxes from tools "just in case," lots of busted stuff I will never fix or use again... you know. Gotta make room for more car parts and old radios. If I get back in the mood later I'll start on the gauge conversion. The Pontiac is sitting there all sad like "hey what about me?" :oops::(:mad:

Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Duh, u said umi cut a deal on springs/shocks. Makes me wonder if I'm gonna need to drop my cutlass more. In this pic I have 1" drop hotchkis springs and koni shocks, but i think the new poly body mounts took away the "drop" and it looks like stock height ugh! What's your thought? Once i get tires mounted i will see how it sits, probably gonna have to go to a 2 or 3" drop. View attachment 53469

That looks pretty close to stock from here. If you notice just about every A/G car from the 60's on, the centers of the wheels will line up more or less with the bottom of the rocker panels with a factory height and/or new stock springs and shocks. Look at the sales brochures and what not. That looks about where yours are. That's with 1" drop? Wonder if the weight reduction plays into it...

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
The only weight reduction currently (from the pic) is no glass, no interior other than front seats and dash. The fiberglass hood is a little lighter obviously. However, once i removed the crushed oem body bushings and installed the poly mounts that's how it sits. This pic is prior to teardown with the drop and 15" centerlines. Looks like i will be in the market to drop it more lol!
FB_IMG_1446952682112.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
The only weight reduction currently (from the pic) is no glass, no interior other than front seats and dash. The fiberglass hood is a little lighter obviously. However, once i removed the crushed oem body bushings and installed the poly mounts that's how it sits. This pic is prior to teardown with the drop and 15" centerlines. Looks like i will be in the market to drop it more lol! View attachment 53478

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
So after doing a little RPO # lookingup.... I don't think this thing had cruise from the factory. I find RPO codes:

E7Z 6398 P SSS M SENSOR VEH SPD - DELETE 980618 E E E A
E5Z 6326 P SPA M ADAPTER SPEEDO - DELETE 980618 E E E A

both of which if I am right are necessary parts for cruise to function, but there seems to be an intermediate "adapter" for cruise on my speedo cable, floating loose under the brake booster.... I don't find any of the codes for a cruise option actually on my sticker. But you never know. I will pull the under-the-dash cover (still can't believe its there!) and have a look tonight. If the module isn't there, that crap is coming off. Then I'll have to rip the column apart, find the correct stalk and do that :mad::mad::mad: who did this! argh.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Does it work? You don't like cruise?

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
no, it doesn't work. that's why I was going to try and fix it, hey maybe a bad vac line or something right? ....and noticed that the stuff that should be there, isn't there, and this other crud is there instead..... I posted pix in that other thread, but I don't think it even matters now. I will confirm my suspicions tonight.

edit: and sure, cruise is nice, but if its not supposed to be on there, eh, I'll take it out. not the first G-body without cruise control I've had. I don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor