Bi+C# Thread for the nit-picky old men

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
A guy I do work for occasionally stopped in while I had a Saginaw transmission on the bench and was going through it. He's a car collector around 60 years of age and knows quite a bit about older cars in general. Conversation went something like this...
What's up?
Just going through this thing.
Muncie?
Saginaw.
Yeah, me and my buddies used to street race my Chevelle on Saturday nights. Seems like I was always breaking gears in that old Hurst. Race on Saturday. Rebuild it on Sunday. Drive it to school Monday morning.
The shifter?
No. The transmission.
Hurst?
Yep, those were the days.

Now, I realize that Hurst made shifters and even tuned them for racers. I'm not aware of any such animal as a Hurst transmission but I've seen more than a few muscle cars advertised as having one. :roll:

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I hate when people say they put an "intake" and "exhaust" on their car....its more with imports but what they really mean is a different air filter and a fart can.

Nov 4, 2012
carmangary said:
When people call a fender a quarter panel. Seems like most people don't know the difference.

Working a small time job in a body shop, you wouldn't believe how much I hear this... At least twice a day.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There are quite a few terms that I had never seen until I was on here such as dizzy and cutty , I don' see why you just don't use the correct word.
I was actually talking to my buddy on the phone Today and he mentioned something about hitting the "Naaws" and I said hold on, say that again then he corrected himself and said "nitrous" I shouldn't even have to explain to him why that is wrong.
And the worst is I have been looking at the Craigslist adds lately for a project car and the butchering of the English Language still amazes me, some of these adds start with "For sell" or "Must sale" and from there I need to learn hieroglyphics to read the rest of the add and then I become disinterested very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor