Big Block '82 Malibu wagon thrash

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
DRIVEN said:
I think that's a lot of car for $15k. Portland Swap Meet is in a couple weeks. I've had good luck selling cars there in the past -- lots of exposure. You just might find that early Suburban you've been looking for too.

If nothing else that sounds like one hell of a good time!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Matt,
I always thought it was a tastefully done wagon. I know you put a lot of work, time, and money into it. I think your asking price is not unreasonable.
The Suburban is probably a better tow vehicle than the wagon...not power wise, but stability and strength-wise. I'm sure you'll update what's under the hood.
Good luck on the sale...and finding your dream 'burban.
I see that you still have the Sunbeam in the shop.

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
God, I forgot ALL ABOUT Portland! That IS a good time!...and Lord knows I'm all about that! I'll rent a stall! I should drag it down behind the Burb on my trailer or have a friend follow. I really like driving that wagon. Thanks for the compliments, I didn't go cheap on anything.
The Burb, I bought for 4K a couple weeks ago and threw another grand at it, in the way of drivelines, radiator, idler arm, mid bearing, serpentine idlers and probably stuff I already forgot. It's really a nice truck and I don't mind it at all. If I pulled $4500 I'd be happy. I truly haven't seen a cleaner square nose. The upside is, that if they don't sell, I really don't mind them. I just pay a horrendous insurance bill. I may just cover them under the business as fleet rigs.
The Sunbeam is my Frankenstein project! Got the dash in, FINALLY! It runs great. I gotta score a narrow posi for it. Been busy doing boats lately. Racing season is right around the corner and I gotta get ready. I want to get some leisure boating in this year too, so I better get on that Vortech install!
Cheers guys!
MFR

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
Has been a Crazy couple months. We decided to move away from the cold/wet. Packed up and came down to the Phoenix area. I'll post up some pics soon of the new shack. I still have the '82, it's on a 17K test drive LOL. Made it down here towing the Habit with not too much issue, other than some fuel starvation at altitude coming across the high desert in Nevada. Will upgrade the fuel system soon. I will say this, It's SO nice to be at 70 degrees rather than 27 and ice, which is what Seattle had last week! Ya, it gets hot here in the summer, but no humidity and we have a pool plus the shop has four A/C units. I should survive. I would like to trade or sell the wagon to start another project, so we'll see. Wife says I don't get another until I free up existing. LOL.
Cheers guys! MFR

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
Well, after driving 13,500 miles making several round trips, we have landed in Arizona. The wagon did well, and it was and still is on the chopping block, but in the interim, I ran across an abandoned project car and bought it. Soooo, the wagon is getting upgrades like I NEVER would have spent.

This car had big Baer brakes all the way around, I run a conservative 17" wheel. They BARELY fit, but will function GREAT!

The lower rate springs and QA1 coil overs are what I was running. This car had 450# units. They are going in, as my ride was a little too soft at speed.

Everything is new, no miles just dirty from sitting. ATS spindles, steering arms, tie rods, drag link, steering box and tubular upper arms. There is no way I would have paid new cost for this stuff...after all, it's just a wagon!

The late model GTO rear discs fit the axles, so I just have to make brackets for park and Caliper mounts.

...and this is the new shack. 40 X 80 shop with an 800 AMP service and 12"thick reinforced Epoxy floor. On Five acres, fine mesh fenced.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Nice score, those spindles are nice pieces. I wish I had the dough to get those!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor