Bucket Seat Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
bL.A.hbL.A.hbL.A.h...and it will be decided in the SENATE,as "strong minds discuss ideas,average minds discuss events,and weak minds discuss people"-

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Oh and my "sales pitch" is not of you to VALUE,nor to CONDONE in the way of BOUGHT or SOLD,but of a "NEED or WANT" with "AMERICAS satisfaction GARANTEED"is in the "initialed form of PAY-MEANT" suggested,by way of REVENUE in a SOUGHT after RELIEF to consumer,and the QUALITY and existence of the "MIND YOUR BETTER-BUISNESS" -BUREAU;)

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Exactly-"just saying"- and YOUR personal entitled "price selection" on behalf of MY gbody parts,and EXPIRENCED relation of owning,building,collecting,and selling of,WELL over 35 plus years,and your DIFFICULTY of ACCEPTING what WORTH they have been OFFERED with aspect to QUALITY and/or AVAILABILITY of my timeset ABILITY to price appropiately,without any LUCK intended or "scratched off" in this GAME of "I'm mad that he has something I want or need,but i refuse to pay the price he wants"?!?! Lmfao,one would think you would have better things to post on this forum,like "does anyone else have the parts I need and want at a price I can name"?-NOTE; (For record that is being PLAYED,AGAIN)-price of my parts offered are ALWAYS offered with first a old fashioned practice of "bartering to the satisfaction of both enthusiast"AND backed by selection of payment preference of PAYPAL and ALL that is in accordance to a simple" I'm not satisfied with parts or quality ,with REASON to back and avoid this ATTEMPTED interruption of defunct and all of its CRITIQUE alcolades;)

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
CondoLenceS to this OP's"chuck cole" thread...with all due respect to your "need/want" of gbody related parts,that I COULD NOT SATISFY-as HERsay;)

mechanic80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Far from correct. Millions of bench seat cars. Buckets were not the norm, even on MCSS.

You have to persist. I bought mine (78-81 highbacks) on Craigslist for the advertised $50 for the pair, and they were complete with all trim and tracks. Did they need to be recovered?...sure they did, but most do at this point. I also contended with sellers that thought totally shredded MCSS "euro" seats were worth $450. I almost made a deal on a pair of Olds seats for $200, but the "chrome" hinge covers were broken/missing.

Like everything else, if you want it NOW, you pay more than if you can wait for the right deal to come along. And no, I didn't jump on them the minute they posted, it actually took me about 5 days to initiate contact with the seller
It's my experience that if you find something that you want/need, GET IT. The next time you inquire about it, it will be gone. I can't count the times this has happened to me, especially with more rare parts. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

mechanic80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Just a note on 3rd gen F-body seats....don't plan long trips. They suck for long rides. Cruisin' around town a bit is ok, but they're not designed with comfort in mind. The pockets of the G-body floors, your Camino included, are large enough to fit nearly any mid-size bucket seat. But again, if you want bolt-ins, you have to worry about the tracks. I cannot vouch for S-10 seats bolting in, but sometimes you have to do a little modding sometimes. It's the tracks that make the difference and I have a hard time believing an S-10 floorboard is the same as a G-body. But I don't know. You're certainly increasing your chances of success by opening up your field of candidates.

But let me get this straight. You're mad because people won't sell you G-body seats at the price you want to pay and they're somehow the villain? When you're buying stuff for your car, you always keep an eye out for a deal as Ribbedroof said. But unless someone was out to blatantly rip you off, qualifying an entire group people that actually have the parts you want as being greedy and mean and not practically giving them away when you want them to is a bit petty in my book. I understand your frustration, but if you don't like the price, dig up another rock and keep looking. I'm sure Panhandler Pete probably didn't find a gold nugget in his sifting pan the first day on the river. He kept going back until he did, though.

But the going rate is the going rate, and if you want to keep your bench, you certainly can. Nobody goes from buckets to bench, so if you were looking for bench seats, I'd bet you would find them cheap and plentiful. But bucket seats for a G-body will cost you because EVERYONE wants to go that route. Including you.

If I was close enough to AZRegal I'd be all over those seats he has for free.

As always, when it concerns car parts, it comes down to your budget. Keep looking. You don't ever finish a car anyway so you can always put in buckets later. A deal you like might fall into your lap. You never know.

As to attitude, my thoughts exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor