Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it does help when your going through some hard sh*t. theres a girl out there for ya. just keep looking. or not.....lol

Well, me and a friend who happens to be a girl are gonna try and hang out together sometime soon. I think we're gonna go shoot some guns! I dunno, there's just something about a girl who likes the AK-47...

(I'm not saying it's a dating thing, but I would not be that unhappy if it evolved into one at some point.)

I know I don't post here much, but I have been following this thread and I really dig what your doing with the car. I have also been reading about the other things going on in your life and all I have to say is hang in there. The one for you will come.

New Paint!!! That's the best feeling. :popcorn: :popcorn:

^^ X2

just got mine back yesterday...new dark briar brown (metallic)

Well, the car is not painted and the whole girl thing mentioned above went badly enough that I am in a deep depression, so I have no idea when I am going to paint it now. I can barely get out of bed. If I wasn't 34 without ever having had someone I liked like me back I probably wouldn't be so sad. Unfortunately, every time I become happy and have hope about this sort of thing, the other person never likes me that way in the end and it ends up in a devastating depression that lasts for a few years. I told myself it would not work out the whole time, but we hung out a few times and I really got to like her a lot. We had a lot in common except for age. I guess she's like every other girl though- she sees me as a friend and that's all. She told me she had a boyfriend (which developed after we started hanging out together) when we were going to a car show together. I can't help the way my heart works. Plus, at my age it is very difficult to start dating for the first time when you are not looking to settle down yet. I knew I never should have started talking to her again. I knew I would get VERY hurt in the end. Now I have taken to drinking, I can barely eat and I just lay in bed all day. This is the worst pain in the world.

When you get down, that is the times when you need to work on the car. It takes your mind off it, and when its done you will feel better about yourself. When you dont spend time in doing something you enjoy, you get more depressed. Dont turn to drinking, its never worked for anyone. If you can use that energy for something productive you will turn your life around much easier.

+2 whenever i had problems with a girl or life in general. I just went to the malibu and tinkered on it. Nothing needed to be done, it was just a way to keep myself busy

I have sadly lost interest in the car now, but I should paint it over Thanksgiving break if I can get myself to do it. I did just waste $35 on Ebay though, and bought a surplus radiation detector (survey meter). It was a Cold War relic complete with Civil Defense markings. I'm hunting for a Geiger Counter too so that I can complete the set. (Survey Meters only work on high levels of Radiation and Geiger Counters work on lower levels like the Amerecium in a smoke detector) I have wanted to buy one for a while and figured it would give me something to look forward to. I just thought it would be neat to have some of the stuff used in old Fallout Shelters.

I wish I could find a house with a fallout shelter to take a tour of!

Dont worry about loosing interest in the car, it happens. I am the same way also, I like to get out to parks and random places to just get my mind off of things. I think its always good to have more than one thing in your life that interests you. If you get pissed at one you always have the other to go to. Just dont rush with your car and you will get it done when feel the time is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor