Building a Hot Rod in Canada Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Here in Montreal it was $1.33 for 87 regular fuel this week. 91 octane premium was $1.52. When ever I have parts shipped over the border I always us the post office. It's a little slower but there are no brokerage fees and other bs to pay for. Big parts are usually cheaper to ship to the UPS store in Plattsburgh NY and just drive over the border to pick up. You still get shafted with the sales tax but it usually is still cheaper than shipping direct.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I'm also assuming that you paid taxes based on the amount after it was converted to Canadian dollars.

We ship to Ogdensburg, NY; and yes those taxes were paid on converted funds.

And as an added bonus UPS damaged two of the new wheels for Natasha's Colorado. Excellent.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
this stinks.

It does and it doesn't. I feel very fortunate to live here, and to have the ability and freedom to do so many things that other people in the world have no concept of. If it costs a little bit more, so be it... life is pretty wonderful even on a bad day.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i can see that and i agree to an extent but i just hate to see you pay more to get the same things when I'm only 500 miles away. that and the ups problems on your wife's parts.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor