buying control arms for lowered car

Status
Not open for further replies.

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
I'm interested in buying a set of control arms. My car is lowered 2 inches on spindles and 1 inch on springs I plan to lower further with springs and ball joints. The previous owner said he took the control arms off because they didn't off enough camber correction (to get the car back to stock specs)- he lowered his car with just springs. Would this mean that the control arms will give too much positive or too much negative camber? I'm wanting to run more negative camber anyways, so I might still buy them. Which was does lowering-with-springs change the camber?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the lowering spindles won't have any effect on camber and with the 1" lowering springs you won't have to use too many shims to achieve a negative camber setting. If you lower it further like you plan you'll need shorter upper A arms unless you lower the car enough to require the stock length upper A arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor