c5 vette brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
I believe Tobin from Kore3 stated over on Pro-Touring.com that he didn't have the brackets to mount a C4 caliper to the g-body spindle. Wouldn't hurt to send an email as he might have them now.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
really? that sucks!
Kore3 is a very good company. from what i've seen at another forum KORE3/tobin are very helpful, knowledgeable, professional. unfortunately they do not make brackets to fit a stock g-body spindle. they do make them for the B and F body spindles. i have to check which is worse, in terms of geometry and bumpsteer.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
SafariWagon said:
I would try Kore3 or ANY other vendor BESIDES Flynbye. The guy was a complete prick when I ordered my brackets for my 9" rear and never did make the front ones like he said he would. Also quit answering e-mails. The brackets I got from him didn't even fit either. The caliper was only about half way on the rotor. The guy is a complete dumb *ss, does poor quality work and takes forever! Another place I have had good luck with is Touring Classics out of Texas. I am not sure if they have a complete G-body set-up or not, but if they did they would be my first choice.

I emailed him and it took about 2 weeks for him to get back to me. So after emailing him back i am still waiting on a reply.... Oh well i got lucky and found them from somebody else who isn't going to do this swap right away and he sold them to me cheap. Maybe this guy needs some help answering his e-mails/calls. IMO this isn't going to raise business and $$ if this keeps happening. oh well :roll: As for the upper control arms what other aftermarket control arms would work with the zq8 spindles and would i have to absolutely use tall upper ball joints. I keep hearing about arms that are cheaper but have no sure way of knowing they would work. here are some i found on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/G-body-S ... 1e59b66955
would these work?

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Circle track suppliers like speedwaymotors.com sell fairly cheap upper arms. You have to make sure you get two rights as the left is longer for a circle track car.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-88895128/

Will those calipers work with the C5 rotors? And are they just as good as buying the ridiculously priced SSBC or PBR calipers?

I'm looking at rotors now. What kind of rotors are recommended for a street car? Regular, Slotted, Cross-Drilled, Slotted/Drilled?

Thanks for any info.

(Also, I think it would help any confusion if someone were to condense the information on what exactly is needed to perform the front C5 SWAP specifically in to one post so any questions could be more easily addressed. Just a thought. :) )

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
actually, i'll bet that they are PBR--they're the OEM supplier for GM/'vette brakes BTW, i'm not sure they come with the bracket.
for street rotors get regular or slotted ONLY! drilled rotors are meant for the track and should be replaced after each use. they are known for cracking at the holes rather quickly. for pads, you really need to look at what kind of driving you'll be doing. i've heard great things about Hawk HPS pads, and they work well on my DD, and they have different levels from basic street to full race.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
megaladon6 said:
and...?? that changes what? you still said the problems don't exist 'cause GW makes parts for the swap. and the b-spindle issues are pretty well known.

you misunderstood me....I was not saying the problems dodn't exist but if they did exist I was wondering why would a company be selling the parts for a conversion and not make mention of the problem. I was not implying that because they sold the parts the problem doesn't exist. Asa far as B spindles I havn't considered using them before now so I don't know much about them other then it is a popular upgrade.

Does anyone know what the difference in length is steering arm is on the G body spindle and B body spindle?. I'm not concerned with bumpsteer issues as we have have a bumpsteer gauge at our race shop.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
pontiacgp said:
I have never heard of those issues using a B body spindle but Global West sells a negative roll kit for a G body and it contains the taller spindle from the B body and a shorter upper control arm and I doubt they be selling that if what you posted was correct
I was not saying the problems dodn't exist
which is it?
even better, how 'bout this? just drop it.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
yes i don't get why you keep going. you were wrong, the problems exist, get over it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
:rofl: ....if you think I said there was no problem then you need to go back and take another English course

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor