Call for better parts support for wagons from vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I may not have a choice. Another option I was considering is stripping off the existing molding and woodgrain, and doing painted-on chrome & woodgrain. Obviously not the cheapest way to go, but if I can't find the right-side molding, might be my only choice.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I would try to find the earlier Cutlass trim. Im thinking a wizz wheel could cut the 45 at the right spot behind the header panel. Worth a shot.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
O. D. Showtime, I would definitely be interested! If you're certain the Cutlass Cruiser molding trim is interchangeable with the Regal Estate, I'd be all over it.

Answered this a couple weeks ago, with GM part number. None of the fender trim was shared with any other car line, has to be Buick to be a match to the other side.

It can take years to find the "correct" pieces for these cars, many people never saw any value in the parts since they were not "musclecars" or "classics".and therefore made no effort to keep any of it. Give it a little time, somebody is bound to tun across a correct set.

A quick look on car-part.com came up with this....

Fender Assembly
Buick Century U,W-O CRNRNG LMPS WOODY RH-,0HR 000 A
0 2828 $75
undmg Landress Auto Wrecking, Inc. USA-FL(Bonifay)Request_Quote 1-800-888-3671 Request_Insurance_Quote

they MIGHT entertain shipping the moldings, you'll just have to ask. Many yards in this area ship more out of state than they sell locally these days.

Last edited:

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
WOOHOO!! Just now bought on of the pieces I need for the right-front fender (PN 25510082)! It's one of the corner pieces. Piece by piece, it's coming together! :)

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
This thread reminds me of one I saw a year or so ago on MonteCarloSS.com about why no ones reproduces rear windows and rear window seals for the 86-87 aerocoupes.

The logic behind why they were never reproduced was simple. 200 were made in 86 and another 6000 made in 87. That means there were 6,200 Monte Carlo SS aerocoupes ever in existence. Out of that number how many were wrecked, scrapped, or sitting in fields waiting for scrap to come up? Out of that new number how many people actually need those parts?

Obviously there are those of us that really do need them but no company is going to make money making these parts when there's such a small ceiling on how many could be sold to begin with.

Obviously there are way more wagons across the brands and the years but the same logic applies. It sucks for those of us with these cars but its understandable. The 3D printing would be a cool idea. You would definitely own the market lol

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
This thread reminds me of one I saw a year or so ago on MonteCarloSS.com about why no ones reproduces rear windows and rear window seals for the 86-87 aerocoupes.

The logic behind why they were never reproduced was simple. 200 were made in 86 and another 6000 made in 87. That means there were 6,200 Monte Carlo SS aerocoupes ever in existence. Out of that number how many were wrecked, scrapped, or sitting in fields waiting for scrap to come up? Out of that new number how many people actually need those parts?
But yet they make model specific parts for the '65 Z16 Chevelle SS that only 201 were built.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
But yet they make model specific parts for the '65 Z16 Chevelle SS that only 201 were built.

And a bunch of clones, I'm sure.

Somehow, G wagons have not become quite as desired as a Z16...real or fake

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Those parts have to come at a premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor