Car Craft Nat's, July 15th - 17th at the Milwaukee Mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; It seemed like a good idea to start a thread for this event. This will be July 15th - 17th at the Milwaukee Mile with a long fast Auto-X & mid night drags at Great Lakes Drag Way. I plan to run the Auto-X and if I have enough energy & can stay awake long attend the drags. Note how poorly my new MT ET drag radials worked on the auto-X. They were too tall & too sticky, wouldn't slide any, fantastic traction. I sold them last week & will replace them with some shorter diameter M&H drag radials approved for road course use. I know I got more work to do as my front Eibach springs may be too soft. I'm considering putting the 9C1 front springs back on the car. But then I'll have to go drop spindles? Next year? Bob Jr.

Attachments

• IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0886.JPG
    IMG_0886.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 302

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I'm interested in going also. don't know which cars I'll bring or if I'll compete but it looks like the show has more to offer then when it was in st paul, mn.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Hi Joe, certainly more events with the race track parking lot as ground zero. And of course the Saturday night drags just 30 miles away. But the fair grounds up your way is a much nicer venue, more shade. And for me a way more fun drive as I stayed off the Interstate system. I had come up the back way through South Western Wisconsin, great roads only second to mountain roads! I'm planing to get my reservations in order next week staying over night only Friday. As the it makes little sense to drive 1/3 the way home (from the drag strip) only to turn around & go back to Milwaukee. I'll have to make due with just two days.
Blake, you spoke of coming home this summer & all you other car guys if you are in the area (Janesville) give me a shout out, Ill be a fine host. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys this summer, Bob Jr.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
hi bob jr, i hear ya on st paul, its beautiful here in july. the car craft nats used to be here till it moved to milwaukee last year. nothing against the street machine nats that replaced it, but sometimes its nice to see other venues, different cars and better beer. wisconsin has much better bear than we do. my opinion.
i love driving in wisconsin. one of my kids goes to UW-milwaukee, one time instead of taking i-90, we hoofed off on to wi-14 through richland center to madison. beautiful country. in 2014 i drove in part of the power tour, from indiana to iowa and onto the dells. very fun and peaceful.
I'm looking forward to meeting some new faces.
joe

Reactions: 1 user

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Joe & all; Finally got my confirmed motel reservations for Car Craft Nat's. If any of ya would like to know where I'm staying please PM me & I'll give you the motel info. It would be fun to have a few "G" cars at the same place. Now I better order some rear tires. Wouldn't I be surprised if I can't match last years performance, time will tell. I like this event as you see most every aspect of the automotive hobby. Bob Jr.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Ima try to get up there for this. My home stomping ground is about 2.5 hours west or so. Hopefully it works out.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Mr GP403 if you get in to the area Thursday the 14th you're more than welcome to come by (Afton), break bread & drink beer with or without roots (root beer). For Friday I would think that you will take I-94 into Milwaukee as I would be taking a more Southern route. I do plan to come home late Saturday afternoon or after the mid-night drags. If we miss meeting at the event, please consider stopping by for a visit Sunday - Monday or any day while you're in Wisconsin. And my invitation is extended to all the the forum members. If you're in South central Wisconsin consider stopping by for a visit. Jeremy with you coming from the north it wouldn't make much sense for you to drive farther West & South just for a visit, but you're welcome. I hope we can meet & visit in Milwaukee Friday or Saturday. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys & having a bunch of FUN at this event, Bob Jr.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Good morning Guys; Well I'm all packed & will be heading out around 10:00 this morning. I see that some rain is in the area between here & Milwaukee. The forecast is scattered & dissipating with little chance this afternoon. Still hope to be on the auto X by mid afternoon. Get your butt in gear & join us. If my plans work out I'll be at Great Lakes drag way Saturday night. Later Ol'e Bob.
Ps: I'll have my cell phone on & if I hear it ring I'll answer 608 3 zero two - two 6 one 7, but I do have trouble understanding how it works.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
awesome, wish I was going. take a crapload of pictures so I can steal them for the mag site ;) there's always next year! :friday: have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor