Car lifted higher in front now that I put all new suspension in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
IMG_20190519_212744.jpg

4WD or 2WD Jimmy? The ball joints mount differently to the knuckle between the 2.
Rwd

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think I would be looking at the spindle since you are sitting probably 2"+ from before and using the same springs, adding the glass hood will do nothing to drop the front end and the lower control arms appear to be the correct ones plus you compared them to the original.
Also did you lube all of the bushings prior to install?

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
Couple guys say it will settle in later...haven't really drove it yet because I got to get it alignment

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I tightened in air at first..then someone told me loosen put tires on ground so I did..and tightened them on ground..still sitting pretty high..and yeah I pet the spring in correct I put a new thin insulator on top?
I am thinking that maybe since you tightened them in the air first loosening them my not have released enough pressure on the bushings to rotate properly and then re tightening them with the weight on the car might not have changed anything from the initial adjustment.

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
I am thinking that maybe since you tightened them in the air first loosening them my not have released enough pressure on the bushings to rotate properly and then re tightening them with the weight on the car might not have changed anything from the initial adjustment.
I think that also because they still didn't even budge with them loosen

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
How many miles do you have on it since? When I put the new springs in the front of my car it sat very high until I drove it. Even with the all iron big block and 2" drop spindles the front end was way up there. I drove it around and it settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor