Carb out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have someone start the car while you adjust the distributor to see if you can get it to run better, I would try advancing the timing

Didnt someone send you a timing light so you could adjust it. Were telling you to do this cuz it might help, were telling you because it is required for the car to run properly. To me it seems like the car is missing still. I dunno about the carb stuff but it still sounds like its missing, crossed plug wire or sh*t timing. Did you ever check the firing order like a bunch of us told you to do in the other thread, again this needs to be done, not just guessed at. I hope you dont think I am being a dick but without correct info everyone is just guessing.

pontiacgp said:
I would have someone start the car while you adjust the distributor to see if you can get it to run better, I would try advancing the timing

Me and my wife will go out and do it in a minute cause we need this fixed.
Thanks and we will tell you what goes on and might film a nit of it to see if were on the right track.

CHRIS.O said:
Didnt someone send you a timing light so you could adjust it. Were telling you to do this cuz it might help, were telling you because it is required for the car to run properly. To me it seems like the car is missing still. I dunno about the carb stuff but it still sounds like its missing, crossed plug wire or sh*t timing. Did you ever check the firing order like a bunch of us told you to do in the other thread, again this needs to be done, not just guessed at. I hope you dont think I am being a dick but without correct info everyone is just guessing.

Yeah I still have it sitting in my garage in a box.
I am going to go check it in a minute.

But the firing order is all right I checked them all and they were all in the right place.
So that was good sorry for never coming and telling you all when I did it.
But when I took the carb off the firing order was right there, so i followed them to their places and they were all in the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor