Carb Stalling Troubleshooting...Flooded ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Maybe I should add this spacer back between the carb and intake manifold.
20210925_105132.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You could. But then if you put carburetor studs in the mounting holes, you can use whatever gaskets you wish without having to worry about bottoming out and stripping threads on the intake.

Reactions: 1 user

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
You could. But then if you put carburetor studs in the mounting holes, you can use whatever gaskets you wish without having to worry about bottoming out and stripping threads on the intake.
Ahhhhhhhhh, I see what you mean now... Yes I need carb studs instead of the bolts...
Screenshot_20210926-075817_Google.jpg

Only thing is I'm broke as a joke and unable to make any money with my car not running... And stuck at my moms house using her garage... I'll have to install the spacer until I can buy the studs to compensate.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Ok i have the spacer installed but doesn't give it the height needed to close it down and still has a slight whistle and runs a bit longer but won't stay started... If I push down on the throttle and leave it down it will stay running until I let go... Here is a video demonstrating what I'm saying...

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
What do you guys think of using copper wire down in the hole and use it to re-thread the aluminum hole ?

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Found some subwoofer wiring I have laying around, I guess I'll give this copper wiring hack a shot and see how it turns out...
20210927_053340.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
PLEASE! JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop with the jury-rigging ideas on fixing your car. Nobody worth their salt is going to condone it. It's one thing if you're going to hang a pair of fuzzy dice to it, but it's completely another when you're trying to fix all the issues for your car and getting it to run where you can confidently drive it. If you want help in getting rid of all the jury rigged crap on your car, dismiss the idea of adding to it. You keep wanting to continue to do damage to your intake threads instead of trying to fix it properly. That's just fruggin' nuts.

You don't have to use every suggestion everyone gives you, but if you're not going to properly fix that bolt hole, you're just pi$$ing in the wind. I don't want any more part of it. Good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
PLEASE! JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop with the jury-rigging ideas on fixing your car. Nobody worth their salt is going to condone it. It's one thing if you're going to hang a pair of fuzzy dice to it, but it's completely another when you're trying to fix all the issues for your car and getting it to run where you can confidently drive it. If you want help in getting rid of all the jury rigged crap on your car, dismiss the idea of adding to it. You keep wanting to continue to do damage to your intake threads instead of trying to fix it properly. That's just fruggin' nuts.

You don't have to use every suggestion everyone gives you, but if you're not going to properly fix that bolt hole, you're just pi$$ing in the wind. I don't want any more part of it. Good luck.
And to add they could be worked loose & get sucked into the intake to add other possible issues.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
And a heli coil kit isn't really that expensive either....

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Found some subwoofer wiring I have laying around, I guess I'll give this copper wiring hack a shot and see how it turns out... View attachment 184486
This isn't a simple repair you can do half assed, like leaking fluid for power steering for example.

Anything that involves the basic function of the vehicle, such as fuel you really should not be too cheap with.

I would also make sure you have no vacuum leaks from any plastic hose, or intake gasket issues.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor