What choke system do you have?
Passenger side of your carb.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
What choke system do you have?
Passenger side of your carb.
Good eye. Was wondering if that is some sort of manual choke cable. Is there such a thing as a manual choke quadrajet?

Quadrajet Power

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2016
Waring, TX
Looks like it may have manual cable.
I have seen many converted to manual choke use. Either from original divorced choke or even hot air or electric types.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Looks like it may have manual cable.
I have seen many converted to manual choke use. Either from original divorced choke or even hot air or electric types.
If I had known, I might have gone that way. There is no better choke controller than the human brain.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Back to basics.
Did this carb run to your satisfaction before it did what it did?
If so then take that carb off and get it rebuilt by someone who knows what they are doing and put an electric choke on it. If you cannot do that you will see a number in your last pic next to the secondary link that will start with a 704, 1705..something like that. Find someone that specializes in Quadrajets and get that carb or run the number to see what that carb fit. It is very difficult to beat a Q-jet on a stock or near stock engine

Quadrajet Power

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2016
Waring, TX
That is a divorced choke style that is converted to manual choke with the cable.

Do you want to keep using the cable choke? We can build one to match up with your connections.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Choke cluster.... even if you fix the divorced choke the intake manifold exhaust passage may be plugged preventing the divorced choke from warming up and allowing the choke to open and creating carb icing issue during moderate temp and high humidity times. I also do not see a warm air intake off of the exhaust manifold to the air cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor