Carburetor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
For one, clean that engine man! Two, replace that spacer ring thing. Its broken and that lets the engine suck unfiltered air, bad idea. Get the number off the side of the carb on the driver's side towards the back of the carb.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
For one, clean that engine man! Two, replace that spacer ring thing. Its broken and that lets the engine suck unfiltered air, bad idea. Get the number off the side of the carb on the driver's side towards the back of the carb.
Lol what can I use to clean my engine ?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Lol what can I use to clean my engine ?
Gunk engine degreaser. Spray it on, let it sit, hose it off. Or use a spray bottle. Blow off with compressed air or let air dry.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
IMG_2369.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user

Quadrajet Power

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2016
Waring, TX
Yea i new to these older cars
What would be best for me to do ?

If you want to use a choke for easier starting, I would recommend a Quadrajet with electric choke. It needs a 12volt key on power source to operate it and then it works automatically for you.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
IMG_1983.PNG
If you want to use a choke for easier starting, I would recommend a Quadrajet with electric choke. It needs a 12volt key on power source to operate it and then it works automatically for you.
If I wanted to switch to edelbrock
Can I just type in what kind of engine I have
A 305 on jegs and it should show what kind of carb would fit my engine ? I'm done with that carb I want something new and tired of that gas smell lol would this work?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Doug Roe's book is 1/10 of that price. Take some time to read the book and you can easily fix the problem you have with your current carb that has been working for maybe 3 decades.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Rudy & all; Don't go back wards to an AFB, Oh that's right it has been re named Edelbunk. Fix your Q jet or sent it to some one that can. Just my $.02 cents, Ole' Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor