Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
now it’s giving me problems
So it ran well for a year? What makes you think it's the carb? It could be a lot of things. First, what year is the car, what year is the engine, and what carb is it? The number is stamped on the side. We can help if you give us the pertinent information.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
How old is the gas? What octane? I thought my old 400 needed octane booster, it ran like poo, then, I put 93 in, and it was fine. On a related note: OCD buddy swears his 7.9:1 3.8 needs E85..... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
What gas are you putting in? When was the fuel filter changed (if it still has one)? Is there any pin hole (wet spots) on the steel fuel lines? Has it been "readjusted" lately? Carb bolts loose/gaps between the carb/gasket/intake? Missing/cracked/unconnected vacuum lines? Is the choke fully opening as it should when warm?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
What gas are you putting in? When was the fuel filter changed (if it still has one)? Is there any pin hole (wet spots) on the steel fuel lines? Has it been "readjusted" lately? Carb bolts loose/gaps between the carb/gasket/intake? Missing/cracked/unconnected vacuum lines? Is the choke fully opening as it should when warm?
You ask too many questions....:cool:

:)

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
been running edelbrock q-jets for years. fantastic street and race carbs. have one on my crate engine now. remanufactured q-jets is not the way to go. i have had about every popular carb you can think of since the early 60's and it's hard to beat a q-jet. helps to know how it works. get hold of Cliff Ruggles at 740-397-2921. that reman. tag should be a red flag on what not to run. when they reman. them they make them generic so they might fit everything. they block off some air bypass and other stuff to make them a one size fits all. have not had the bad luck some of you have had with q-jets. a q-jet on your engine should run great.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
been running edelbrock q-jets for years. fantastic street and race carbs. have one on my crate engine now. remanufactured q-jets is not the way to go. i have had about every popular carb you can think of since the early 60's and it's hard to beat a q-jet. helps to know how it works. get hold of Cliff Ruggles at 740-397-2921. that reman. tag should be a red flag on what not to run. when they reman. them they make them generic so they might fit everything. they block off some air bypass and other stuff to make them a one size fits all. have not had the bad luck some of you have had with q-jets. a q-jet on your engine should run great.
This is why we recommended our resident carb refurbisher, Everyday Performance. Has good feedback. It's not a generic rebuild and he can fix a lot of the issues generally found on Qjets. He'll even put in some ethanol compatible parts in it. However flavor you like your Qjet.

Heck, it may be just some loose carb hold down screws and mounting bolts. OP never said if he tried to do anything to it or what kind of problems it was showing.

Reactions: 1 user

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
Can Somebody lead me in the the right direction of buying a new carb that fits my engine?
I have had this quadrajet for a year and now it’s giving me problems .
I wanted to go the Edelbrock route but the quadrajet bolted right up. And I don’t know what type of Edelbrock fits my engine ..
So can somebody help View attachment 117351 View attachment 117357
What kind of problems is your quadrajet giving you? I have one on my 305 and it works great. Wouldnt have anything else. Guys out here have been swapping their quads for carter 600 afbs. Guess it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor