check out what i just got for my cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
That's a good price for those rims. They look to be in good shape.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I got 235/60 front & 255/60 back on 15x8z on my Wagon, they fill the wheel well nicely.

Heres a tip for cleaning up the rust.

Soak the area with PB blaster, it will dissolve some of the rust.

Clean the area with OOOO steel wool.The trick is to apply as little pressure as possible, let the PB and steel wool to the work.
If the PB starts to run/dry off, spray more keeping the steel wool lubed.

May take a couple times but you will be amazed how it works.

Clean up with soap and keep waxed!!!!

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
jealous guy right here looking for a set of 15's for the wifes car preferrably paintable

I use liquid luster (its pink ) and oooo steel wool ....works beautifully

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
joeairforce said:
now i jut gotta decide what size tires to put on them......

Good deal! Those are nicer than the ones on my 442!

Either 215/65, 225/60 or 235/60 up front, depending on how wide you want. I have 235 on the front of my 442, but plan on going back to the stock size of 215.

255/60 for the rear without a doubt.

Make sure when you're cleaning them up to keep the steel wool away front the painted areas, or else you'll remove the paint. Unless that's what you're after. I just use plain 000 grade steel wool, less mess. But the blaster stuff does help on the rusted areas.

joeairforce

Master Mechanic
May 30, 2008
Wright-Patterson AFB - Dayton, OH
Looking at maybe doing some BF Goodrich Radial T/A's (only ones I've seen that have the raised white lettering on them). Unless I can find something with a little higher speed rating that still has the raised white lettering on them.

Thinking bout 225/60's for the front and 255/60's for the rear....... Just have to get a different speedo gear then.......

Attachments

• cover.JPG
    cover.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 105

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Don't worry about changing the speedo gear, the difference in tire height isn't enough to really throw the speedo off...
My 442 with 255/60's is only off by 2 mph (@ 35 mph) according to those radar sign deals.
My Buick wagon with stock size tires is also 2 mph off at that same sign.
I wouldn't worry about it.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
How tall are the tires on the car now? I mean tape measure from tire top to ground.

Some 15 inchers are shorter then higher series (70/75) 14 inchers.

I run Yokahamas , but Firehawks are nice also. Better the TAs and are raised white letter.

275/60 15 fit nice also, paired with a set of 225/65 15 gave the car the big/little look and still handled well.

Also the closer you are to a hadling car vs a drag (drag look) car the closer the front /rear sizes should be.

If it is a daily driver, get all 4 the same so you can rotate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor