Check this out, New Demo Derby cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
there are so many dirt trackers around here that you cant find a good g-body worth a crap... they gut them, throw everything away, knock the windows out of them, weld doors shut and then laugh when the cars are destroyed... just makes me sick. i hate the dirt track.

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
dirts for plantin taters, alcohols for drinkin, asphalts for racin.
drive in circles in the dirt, sounds like farming, which is work, dont like work.

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
I used to work for a guy that ran derby cars. He would go from Mn as far south as Oklahoma or Arkansas to find good rust free cars. Structural integrity means no rust. Most of his were off brand GM full-size wagons. He would sell the chevy wagons and run say a pontiac or Olds because they were cheaper to buy. He would use the chevy core support because they were stronger. They actually outlawed the AMC cars at some tracks around here I guess. This compact class I guess the Pacers are kind of like the Newports in full size. This guy ran a chevy V6 in his pacer! These guys are nuts. Spend 200 plus hours on a good derby car to ruin it in minutes for less cash prize than they paid for the car they began with. A big prize was like 2K. Still less money than he had into it.

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
i always figure they should get wore out junkers to do that with, not the super clean one owner, perfects i see them using... and people wonder why alot dont like dirt trackers. hey, racing is racing, but dont ruin perfectly good usable cars...

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
turbo78 said:
there are so many dirt trackers around here that you cant find a good g-body worth a crap... they gut them, throw everything away, knock the windows out of them, weld doors shut and then laugh when the cars are destroyed... just makes me sick. i hate the dirt track.

Just ask them what they would sell the parts for that they throw away, most want nearly as much as they paid for the car.

madmaxstyle

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2009
Alberta
People don't know what they've got till its gone its sad, and they won't care until some time from now when they see us driving the last of the G's because we refused to sell/destroy/engage in hillbilly racing/part mine out . Well maybe part out ONLY if it means saving another G Body or equivalent.

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
i had an 87 salon rusted to all hell, had a nice working sunroof tho, the grills lights and all were nice n pretty so i took em, took the insterment cluster, didt get time to take the nose off it wish i would have though, same with the engine, it had a 350 olds in it, dont know what year, it was blue tho. had it sitting outside my work and someone randomly offered me a couple hundred for it and i needed the cash so i did it, he used it as a derby car :( needless to say my friend saw it in the derby not to long after and it didnt last. moral of my pointless story is, wish i woulda took more parts off it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor