Chevroyota 2JZ Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
exactly HOW does one do an "e-brake" launch?

Step 1.) Borrow someone else's car. Tell him you are going to do a "brake job" on it
Step 2.) Buy 2 sets of the cheapest, softest rear brake shoes the parts store has.
Step 3.) Take all of the short shoes out and give them back to the parts store for the core charge for one box.
Step 4.) Do the rear brakes with al long shoes and adjust the E brake for maximum clamping power.
Step 5.) Put on 26X10 slicks with about 12 psi in them
Step 6.) Set the E-brake with both feet
Step 7.) Left foot brake and apply right pedal until about 6 psi of boost.
Step 8.) Rapidly Mash Throttle - this will slightly bog the motor while spiking the boost
Step 9.) When the boost spikes close to 20 psi, pull the e-brake release and come off the brake simultaneously.
Step 10.) Lift off

Remove the slicks and take the car back to your buddy, telling him the brakes work fine, now.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Step 1.) Borrow someone else's car. Tell him you are going to do a "brake job" on it
Step 2.) Buy 2 sets of the cheapest, softest rear brake shoes the parts store has.
Step 3.) Take all of the short shoes out and give them back to the parts store for the core charge for one box.
Step 4.) Do the rear brakes with al long shoes and adjust the E brake for maximum clamping power.
Step 5.) Put on 26X10 slicks with about 12 psi in them
Step 6.) Set the E-brake with both feet
Step 7.) Left foot brake and apply right pedal until about 6 psi of boost.
Step 8.) Rapidly Mash Throttle - this will slightly bog the motor while spiking the boost
Step 9.) When the boost spikes close to 20 psi, pull the e-brake release and come off the brake simultaneously.
Step 10.) Lift off

Remove the slicks and take the car back to your buddy, telling him the brakes work fine, now.
That's great!!!! One of my coworkers has a TPI vette. I asked for the keys one day, told him I needed to "check the front brakes to make sure they hold under throttle!"
Nice guy, but not the brightest crayon in the box....it took him a few minutes to catch on after he told me the keys were in it lol!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 2 users

DrFrankenstein

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2017
Upstate NY
Greetings from dirty Jersey interesting build
Thanks! I actually work in Vernon NJ, way up at the top of the state.
I have found a SBC with a turbo350 just to drop in it and drive for now, but I am still aiming at a 2JZ swap.
The forum seems pretty informative, looking forward to being an active member.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Thanks! I actually work in Vernon NJ, way up at the top of the state.
I have found a SBC with a turbo350 just to drop in it and drive for now, but I am still aiming at a 2JZ swap.
The forum seems pretty informative, looking forward to being an active member.
I drove through there last weekend on my way to PA to see family I live down the shore

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor