Complete LT1 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I just wonder if it will hit while the engine is running and the car moving. Maybe you should put some kind of limiter on the driver's side to prevent movement. I dunno, maybe I am worrying too much, but when it is running, the engine does move around a bit due to vibrations and shock due to hitting bumps.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Would have been a nice time to switch to an aluminum core support. Everything looks nice. When I put the big Cad in I had to switch to an angled oil filter mount from a Cad 425 to clear that same section of frame only on the bottom corner between it and the sway bar. It will be interesting to see what your car runs in the 1/4 and what kind of mileage you get. Good luck keep it up and keep us posted.

PS Are you going to make the AC work?

CutMonRegMan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2007
Jim Rockford said:
make sure you replace the engine mounts in the clamshells,i think that is why mine fit. i used the performance suspention poly ones

Hey Jim
Did you weld your mounts down as well. Let me know how it rides am doing the same swap as well I hope to have some pics up by the end of this month of my progress.

rgile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 10, 2008
Lake mills Wi
Hey,Is there any diagrams out there that show how to wire the computer into a relay box ? I have the stock comp/wire harness just cant seemed to find the wire's that power it up.Thanks

rawdeal454

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 20, 2008
hey i was wondering if u had to use the f-body monts if u didnt have A/C. so basically will it fit nicely if it isnt an A/C car ?

rawdeal454

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 20, 2008
Also, is the s et up any diffrent if its from a 95 impala SS. i dont know a whole lot about this. but i dont know im not a into ricers n i cant wait for my monte to have a sweet 350 !! id go for a 454 but ****ing gas is killing me

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
hey, i posted a question about the lt1 and then this poped up, does anyone know if I can change the lt1 to a carborated motor? and im sorry to thread jack but no one responded to my thread I made.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i'll answer that with a fact and then an opinion. yes, you can convert an LT1 to carb (however you might still need the ECM for the ignition, since the LT1 had a very unique set-up)-fact opinion--WHY???? would you want to. the lt1's strength is in it's EFI. if you want the same power with a carb, build a gen1 350 and keep things simple. no efi does not produce more power than a PERFECTLY tuned carb, but it maintains tune in various temps, humidities, and altitudes. which a carb, obviously, will not.

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
I know this is an old post ,,but Jim ,how did everything worked out ?

is it running good ?
did the a/c compressor cleared the frame even after running ?
give us some feedback !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor