Confused picking Moog spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Mr Senior,
On your Blazer brakes, I found it easier to use the Blazer line bracket instead of the gbody one.
timo22

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mr_senior

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2019
Mr Senior,
On your Blazer brakes, I found it easier to use the Blazer line bracket instead of the gbody one.
timo22
I'm going to look into that during my next junk yard run.

Thanks for the help !

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
For a daily driver el camino that’s running a dropped spindle who can recommend a good spring for me

I don’t track thetruck obviously and I have purchased a set of Moog 5660 but there too short since I’m running the drop spindle

mr_senior

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2019
For a daily driver el camino that’s running a dropped spindle who can recommend a good spring for me

I don’t track thetruck obviously and I have purchased a set of Moog 5660 but there too short since I’m running the drop spindle
Pay for shipping and you can have my old spindle

Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
It has often been stated you can use 3rd gen F body isolators after you cut them.
The 3rd gen F body springs are a smaller OD, not the wire,the spring body. I don't recall the difference but the G spring may be too large to seat correctly.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
From where are you located. I might take you up on that as this post has some solid info
And since it looks like I’m keeping my el camino
I’m going to want the front firmer

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The 3rd gen F body springs are a smaller OD, not the wire,the spring body. I don't recall the difference but the G spring may be too large to seat correctly.
If I'm not mistaken pontiacgp used to run them.

mr_senior

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2019
IMG_20200317_134850.jpg

I really hope it's a stiffer ride. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor