Coolant leak 1988 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel84elco

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2014
Hello all! So this morning I started my olds up and when I reversed out the driveway after letting the car warm up I noticed a leak where the lower hose is. So I drove to the store and to my dads house and we noticed no leak and no overheating or loss of coolant in the reservoir tank.im thinking it is the hose. Your help is much appreciated.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Could just be loose. Keep an eye on the levels. Only other thing in that area would be the trans cooler built into the radiator.

angel84elco

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2014
Could just be loose. Keep an eye on the levels. Only other thing in that area would be the trans cooler built into the radiator.
For now I bought another hose going to let her cool down start her up again and see what happens. And your right and I checked that trans cooler line and it’s bone dry

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
For now I bought another hose going to let her cool down start her up again and see what happens. And your right and I checked that trans cooler line and it’s bone dry
make sure you have a big pan or something for the fluid. You can let it drain out of the hose you pull off or the petcock on the radiator. If its an older one, I wouldn't chance with the petcock if it looks rusty.

angel84elco

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2014
make sure you have a big pan or something for the fluid. You can let it drain out of the hose you pull off or the petcock on the radiator. If its an older one, I wouldn't chance with the petcock if it looks rusty.
Yeah I’m putting a pan under neath gonna catch as much as possible

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had that issue on my Jeep, it would leak once in a while from the lower hose, turned out to be a broken hose clamp.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
A loose hose clamp will allow a leak in cold weather.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

angel84elco

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2014
I had that issue on my Jeep, it would leak once in a while from the lower hose, turned out to be a broken hose clamp.
I also found the water pump squealing so that’s being replaced as well as the belts

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Make sure it isn't coming ftom the weep hole in the pump, looks like a leaking lower hose.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor