MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm...

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

$700 US?! Nope. I'd buy the tools first. Also that doesn't address my problem area in the rear.

it hurts belgian football GIF by Univision Deportes

What's the reation icon for wtf???

HEHE

Someone grab PontiacGP and tell him we need some more.

you know you're in the thick of it when the water runing off your head in the shower fills your mouth with iron.
Hungry Leave Me Alone GIF by Cameo

When you can taste words, it's bad.

awkward schitts creek GIF by CBC

Back out today to start the tin work. Lots of prep and double checking of things before the metal hot glue gun gets applied. Fitting. Cleaning. Priming. Screwing. Crying.

But first, PPE. Because I like my lungs.

PXL_20210307_161723727.jpg

Weld through primer on all the things. I painted the insides of the panels you're going to see installed below.

PXL_20210307_202908471.jpg

Frigging factory seam sealer.

PXL_20210307_202922523.jpg

These are to weld the tubs back in.

PXL_20210307_202933952.jpg

And reassembly! Some welds were more boogery than others. Getting some inconsistencies - mostly because the user sucks.

PXL_20210307_233951543.jpg
PXL_20210307_234057283.jpg
PXL_20210307_234116543.jpg
PXL_20210307_234149605.jpg

Some, most, days this project feels like my second job on the weekends. Definitely a lot to chew on. If this build were a song...

So here's an interesting factoid about where we are at this juncture:

PXL_20210309_164552280.jpg

That's 14.25" to the outside of the wheel lip.

I love Tom MacDonald:

But, damn does Derek "get me":

Yeah, I am sh*tposting in my thread again. Got a bit of a stomach bug. Feels like a knife. Weird. Gas maybe? I don't know.

In other news I ordered a self-leveling cross hair laser level to help me true up the installation of the wheel tubs. I am pretty sure they'd have ended up close without it. But, then I wouldn't have another lazer. And I like lazers.

Bonus UTG:

Hope you feel better soon. I've been fighting a pinched nerve in my neck for about three weeks so I haven't been doing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor