MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
IMG_20200712_110902.jpg

Resorted to JB Weld...

It is whispering to you.

IMG_20200712_123402.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Are you worried about the deleterious effects of methanol going through the turbo and or the flammability aspect of this? Or are you shooting water as well?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Are you worried about the deleterious effects of methanol going through the turbo and or the flammability aspect of this? Or are you shooting water as well?

No. That's a marginal risk. Turbochargers and superchargers have been drawing fuel through them since their inception. Water isn't a fuel so I won't be injecting it.

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm finding it hard to keep track of the awesomeness per vehicle that comes out of your garage...you've got a zippo and I'm over here rubbing two sicks together..

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana

Some decent information. 100% meth pre turbo does seem safest

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I'm finding it hard to keep track of the awesomeness per vehicle that comes out of your garage...you've got a zippo and I'm over here rubbing two sicks together..

I am flattered. But, I am just another caveman with little regard for his own safety.

Some decent information. 100% meth pre turbo does seem safest

Yup, many ways to skin a cat. The important thing is to tune to the fuel you are using: When it comes on, how much goes in, timing, and air mass/AFR.

If this was a Closed Loop system some of this would just be fire and forget.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Butt dyno says adding ~15% more fuel slows the car down. A lot. Rather than trying to bench test the flow rate of the assembly (and doing the math) I decided it would be easier, and more fun, to just take the car out and see how it responds. So now that I know how much its pumping in, I can pull the requisite amount of fuel out of the VE table. After that is done I can start cranking up the timing, boost, and leaning the car out a hair more.

1594600655589.png

Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Totally forgot to mention this yesterday.

One the problems with Open Loop fueling and supplemental fuel systems is if the supplemental system fails - it fails lean. In this case 15% lean. That's a lot of lean. Obviously if this were a Closed Loop system it would compensate automatically within design, mechanical, and programmed limitations.

To counteract this OL issue here the SCG-1 will cut boost to maintain a target AFR as a fail-safe. Not ideal but it was a consideration from the outset. It would be nice if it could trim itself... but that's what the Holley Terminator X is for.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor