Corvette Brake Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbody_and_taco_pat

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 22, 2020
Here is one I found a couple of years ago. I have NOT verified fitment with Blazer spindles. View attachment 165585

Little late on the response thanks for the info. Im am still am way from actually needing brakes, but Im getting pretty close. Finished the front suspension this morning. Steering is complete minus the steering shaft between the column and box. Once I get that squared away Ill be moving on to my braking system.

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Little late on the response thanks for the info. Im am still am way from actually needing brakes, but Im getting pretty close. Finished the front suspension this morning. Steering is complete minus the steering shaft between the column and box. Once I get that squared away Ill be moving on to my braking system.

'93 - Early '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Steering hafts are a direct bolt in Universal Joint shaft to replace the factory rag joint shaft.

Astro Van Shafts can be made to work too with a little bit of work.

Gbody_and_taco_pat

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 22, 2020
'93 - Early '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Steering hafts are a direct bolt in Universal Joint shaft to replace the factory rag joint shaft.

Astro Van Shafts can be made to work too with a little bit of work.
ended getting a 1" 48 spline u-joint, a 3/4" 36 spline u-joint then cut a piece of 3/4DD to fit. Works and looks great.

Attachments

• steering box.jpg
    steering box.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 164

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
ended getting a 1" 48 spline u-joint, a 3/4" 36 spline u-joint then cut a piece of 3/4DD to fit. Works and looks great.
That looks great, but I’d much prefer to have either a slip or rag joint in there somewhere only for the reason of not loading the column bearings.

Last edited:

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I agree. Schrapnel from an airbag is bad, but having the column pogo into your face will be worse.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor