Corvette Brake Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
This was the only image I could find. I keep calling them spindles this is what I am referring to, sorry for any confusion. I believed them to be off of a 96 Blazer, but after looking at some images of Blazers I am pretty sure they came off a later model due to the body style of the truck I pulled them from. Was sometime last year dont remember exactly.

Talking with an other member they mention they are running CPP spindles. They are direct replacement g-body spindles that accept the Corvette sealed hubs and setup for the Corvette abutment caliper brackets. I will weigh this option as well. I have come across a ton of good information the last couple days regarding this topic. I am still a ways from needing brakes, but its awesome knowing what options I have upgrading to Vette brakes!
Anybody see anything wrong with this picture?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yeah, dust shield is on backwards. I wasn't going to mention it because I wasn't sure it was the OP vehicle.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Anybody see anything wrong with this picture?
I see issues with the last paragraph, but I didn't notice much in the photo. What is the issue?

I seen him mentioning he's using a G spindle with a Vette bearing/hub assembly - not sure what he's referencing.

I think it would be great if the OP could confirm exactly what he has - might make the thread shorter (shrug)

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I see issues with the last paragraph, but I didn't notice much in the photo. What is the issue?

I seen him mentioning he's using a G spindle with a Vette bearing/hub assembly - not sure what he's referencing.

I think it would be great if the OP could confirm exactly what he has - might make the thread shorter (shrug)

The Blazer Spindles Dust shields are on the wrong spindles. The Air Scoop is blocking air, not scooping air.

The dust shield Rim needs to be bent open or cut off to run with larger than 11" rotors, but its better to run without dust shields than to run them inside out, like that.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
great drawing. just to clarifyt, is this for a modified g body knuckle or an s10 blazer knuckle?

Yea was into the bourbon last night and didn't really read everything lol, missed the blazer knuckles. These are for modified gbody spindle.

Anyway, here is the link to the wheel fitment charts, but I cant seem to find any bracket drawings, I might have found those somewhere else, it's been a while.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
The Blazer Spindles Dust shields are on the wrong spindles. The Air Scoop is blocking air, not scooping air.

The dust shield Rim needs to be bent open or cut off to run with larger than 11" rotors, but its better to run without dust shields than to run them inside out, like that.
Winner! Cut the dust shield to act as a spacer between the hub and knuckle, or buy the Kore adapters that come with a professionally cut "spacer"

Reactions: 1 users

Gbody_and_taco_pat

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 22, 2020
I noticed that dust cover was on backwards this weekend when I installed drop springs. Basically the intended purpose of this tread was to help piece together a parts kit using junk yard knuckles off a blazer with bolted hubs then convert to C5/C6 brakes. I have the knuckle and hubs installed. Look like there are a few companies that off caliper brackets to adapt Corvette brakes on to a G-body. I think I am going to try UMI for the brackets, C5 rotors from Summit (probably PowerStop or EBC). I haven't decided on calipers yet, little pricy new. Any suggestion there? Sorry for such a late response life as always has been hectic.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You need adapters for the Blazer spindles, not G-body spindles.

Gbody_and_taco_pat

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 22, 2020
Adapter for the brakes to fit properly? The blazer knuckles and hubs are installed no issue (no brakes up front at the moment). Luckily all the steering components ball joints, tie rods etc fit perfectly.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Adapter for the brakes to fit properly? The blazer knuckles and hubs are installed no issue (no brakes up front at the moment). Luckily all the steering components ball joints, tie rods etc fit perfectly.
You need Blazer adapters for the Vette calipers to fit properly. Then you can use all C5/C6 stuff for the brake calipers, pads and rotors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor