Dad's 62 Ford Galaxie

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
That crate you made for the transmission looks great. Very nice.

I see progress is still continuing on the Galaxie. It's looking good. Paint shouldn't be that far away now. I'm jealous of your dad's air conditioned garage! I wish mine was. Lol.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The body is coming out great, Jared.
It's come a long way.
As Opie mentioned, the crate came out nice as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Jared, I can't believe how far behind I got on this thread so quickly.

I'm loving the progress on the Galaxie, please, keep it coming even tho you're not going to be working on it as much.

I have a soft spot for big black Fords - the second car I ever owned after my '76 Cutlass Salon was a '65 Ford Galaxie 500. I bought it for a dollar after I blew up the 455 in the Salon street racing a Firebird.

It was a four door, big block 352, 2 barrel in it. Black with fire red interior. I loved that car, got a ton of looks in it being only 20 at the time. The '65 was nice, but it was a '64 two door that I really wanted at the time.

Your dad's reminds me of my old car, and it's great to see the quality work you guys are putting into resurrecting it. Can't wait to see it painted!

Keep it coming!

D.

• Agree

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Transstar lacquer based primer surfacer. Old school.
That's the first time I don't agree with something you did only because lacquer shrinks over time and can cause problems later I always go with a 2k over body work I hope it works out for you

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
That crate you made for the transmission looks great. Very nice.

I see progress is still continuing on the Galaxie. It's looking good. Paint shouldn't be that far away now. I'm jealous of your dad's air conditioned garage! I wish mine was. Lol.
Opie, I'm very jealous of dad's air conditioned garage. It's a refuge from the blast. I'm hoping to build a small shop sometime in the next 5 years but I'm probably just dreaming. I think dad's car will be painted this year. Thanks for the kind words on the crate. I shipped a BW T-10 all the way to Holland in a crate just like it so I'm sure that Toploader will get wherever it goes.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The body is coming out great, Jared.
It's come a long way.
As Opie mentioned, the crate came out nice as well.
Thanks Jack. I appreciate the positive feedback.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Was waiting on this week's galaxie installment...was worth the wait. Looking better and better every time. Great job so far. It's going to be a sweet ride when done! Trans crate looks very sturdy also.
Thanks David. How's that Malibu coming along?

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Jared, I can't believe how far behind I got on this thread so quickly.

I'm loving the progress on the Galaxie, please, keep it coming even tho you're not going to be working on it as much.

I have a soft spot for big black Fords - the second car I ever owned after my '76 Cutlass Salon was a '65 Ford Galaxie 500. I bought it for a dollar after I blew up the 455 in the Salon street racing a Firebird.

It was a four door, big block 352, 2 barrel in it. Black with fire red interior. I loved that car, got a ton of looks in it being only 20 at the time. The '65 was nice, but it was a '64 two door that I really wanted at the time.

Your dad's reminds me of my old car, and it's great to see the quality work you guys are putting into resurrecting it. Can't wait to see it painted!

Keep it coming!

D.
Thanks Donovan. I like the 65 but it is a whole different animal. The 60-64's share a lot of parts (platform). In the early 90's dad had a few running Galaxie's. One was a 62 four door wagon that ran and drove great but had the cancer real bad. The other was a 63 two-door sedan. Both were 352, 2 barrel, single exhaust cars and it was amazing how well they ran. Looking back it is funny how good 220 HP felt relative to the gutless cars that were on the road at that time, like my carbed 2.8 V-6 S10 Blazer.

Cool story on your old Ford. Thanks for sharing it. I'll keep the updates coming. I have another Toploader to build and then have the Gear Vendors install to work through.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I would have preferred that they shot epoxy over the filler. Ultimately, they will shoot epoxy on the whole panel. More of the Transtar will be sanded off in the blocking of the panel. Dad likes the old ways. It's hard to drag him into the present sometimes. He sure does like that Evercoat Rage Extreme though. He's amazed at how they've done all that bodywork and not one pinhole.
That's my favorite plastic but for light stuff I like USC icing at work I use whatever they get me lately we have been using a lot of Crest products and I have no complaints it all seems really nice and you can order from then online

Reactions: 1 users

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
Thanks David. How's that Malibu coming along?
You are very welcome. Waiting for more! Haven't messed with the malibu this past week because of being on 24 hr call at work for the week. Going to do a little to it this week as I have a few more little rust spots to attend to before r&r of roof. Thanks for asking.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor