Dad's 62 Ford Galaxie

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Every time we talk about his Porsche he regrets selling it...keep that in mind. But he was a foolish 70 year old - he's matured now.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of....seller's remorse. I've been through a lot with that car...many good memories. My friend who is also a Porsche owner, and had owned his as long as I have, always reminds me that I'll regret selling it. I'm pushing 70 myself and try to think of what's in store down the road for me.
Thank you for the reality check.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of....seller's remorse. I've been through a lot with that car...many good memories. My friend who is also a Porsche owner, and had owned his as long as I have, always reminds me that I'll regret selling it. I'm pushing 70 myself and try to think of what's in store down the road for me.
Thank you for the reality check.
Keep it Jack. You're Dad's age. You're still young.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Keep it Jack. You're Dad's age. You're still young.
Thank you, Jared,
A little encouragement is always appreciated. I'm not at the end of the road yet. :unsure:
Sorry to hijack your thread... thanks again my friend.

Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
No hijack Jack. We're all friends here.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
No hijack Jack. We're all friends here.
Thanks Jared. It's good to know that I have a few friends on the site. I certainly regard you as my friend.

Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
There's been a little progress on the Galaxie. It's been at the painter's shop since the end of June. The painter is a great guy. He just has a lot of work and overpromised on the Galaxie. Dad reached out to him about a month ago to talk about the timeline. The painter said he was bringing in some help on the project. He knows a body man with over 30 years of experience who will be doing the final body work on the car and will be blocking the whole thing. Then the painter will paint it. This all sounds good to us. The painter said he thought the car would be painted in March. Hopefully he can stick to that schedule. He sent some progress pictures a few weeks ago which was just disassembly. If I understand right, he's going to high build prime the car and then the body man is going to start blocking. Hopefully we'll get some more progress pics in the next week or two....

imagejpeg_0001.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Are those the wheels/tires that are going to be on the car after its painted Jared?
Yes sir. They are Centerline Auto Drags (15x7) with Radial TA's. 235/60/15 front and 255/60/15 rear.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
That car is soooooooo cool! Would love to slam through the gears in that thing! Did y'all got the oil pressure figured out?
Yes sir, Bruce. Post 287....

• Winner

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor