Dirty Jersey bourbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
tough day, but with some sadness and reflection you will get thru it. We have been to 3 funerals for "kids" under 30 the wife and I knew pretty well in just as many months. It really really sucks and seems more commonplace than when I was growing up !!! So sorry for your loss.

That is a nice gesture of your boss to give you the Merc so you have no worries with the Bourbon.

Glad to hear you see a little light in the distance to work towards. If nothing else it will let you re-focus whilst bringing some cash in to the household.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I dropped off the M class at work today and picked back up the suburban. That left rear tire was just about flat again and it had a sizable ATF lake under it. I knew the tire would be down so I stopped and picked up some fix-a-flat the other day. I don't like the stuff but not having the title to the truck yet I really don't want to spend any real money on it until I'm shore that's getting worked out. So I let the rest of the air out of the tire So it would accept the hole can then I let it eat. Good thing I wasn't trying to use that stuff to fill the tire because it barely got it off the rim. I was at work so I filled it the rest of the way with air. Hopefully it slows the leek down I'm putting air in that tire every day now. After I locked up the Mercedes I'm my parking spot I headed to the farm and finally got to talk to Eric about putting a car in the building. Looks like I'll be working on my G-body soon! There's a street race event coming up and I don't want to miss it it's put together by the police department and Eric and I are sooo going this year the 46 Ford the Challenger and maybe the dart or my 87 Cutlass all depends what we have ready. on the way home I filled the tank for the first time and added more slime removers. It seems like the more I drive this thing the better it runs. Anyway that's all for now

Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I finally got my boss in the Burban yesterday. We took it to his house and finally emptied all his crap out of it into his garage. I've been very impressed with the work the detail shop at work dose so I asked him how much to have them clean it. Well I guess it's another gift. All 4 guys in detail jumped in the interior of it at about 4:00 and when it was 5:00 and I was ready to go home they were just finishing up. It's not perfect but WOW what a difference! And it doesn't stink anymore. Still no title so I'm not ordering patch panels yet. Lauren and her friend road in it for the first time tonight when I picked them up from brass practice and gave it there approval. They said it doesn't stink eather so I know I'm not just used to the smell lol it was awful. That's it until the weekend.

Reactions: 6 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yesterday's dreams of grandeur and making it to oldbridg got squashed. By flat tires on the crew cab and charging problems in the suburban. Not to mention 24° and snowing. I did manage to pick up a bandpass box with 2 12" speakers for the suburban off letgo for $40 so there's something to look forward to. Now it just needs a head unit and an amp lol I probably have something in the garage for a head unit but I think I'm out of amps?? Maybe not have to look. That's on today's list of things to do. Along with front brakes, rear shocks, and an intermittent charging problem. I hope that doesn't take all day.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Dead batteries and flat tires. Buys a speaker box. Carry on.

:popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
How is it for power? Even though the 6.5 TD had many issues, power was much better than the 6.2. I have no idea why GM put the 700R4)4L60E in all the 1/2 ton version's of their trucks, maybe better acceleration and better overdrive gear vs the 4L80E?

The 6.5 turbo diesel in the GMT400 came backed with a 4L80E as they all had the heavy half ton package AKA F44. F44 didn't get you the 4L80 though, only the 6.5 TD did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor