Dirty Jersey bourbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Better yet, remember the Hurst Hairy Olds?

With the trailer you aren't really using the bed... plenty of room for a 2nd 454. (But still add the jet dryers, maybe even plumb one or two to act as turbos)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Looks like I've got some work to do tomorrow night. The other day Janet's 22 year old cousin was hit by a car and killed the wake is Saturday in Ewing New Jersey and the Subaru will be at Subaru so the suburban will need to be ready to go for it's first family trip. That means I'll need to change the front brakes, the oil and clean up the interior before Saturday morning. This should be interesting.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So I went with my boss this morning before work to check out a motor for his mustang and we stopped by the other body shop he bought. I start there as manager next week there's definitely room for improvement. I think I'm going to like it. We took the suburban and I got to talk to him a bit. I told him what I needed to do to the suburban before tomorrow and he told me "just take my truck" it's a late model exploder with some issues.lol so just before closing time tonight the kid that dose parts pulled up out front of my Bay parks the car he's driving comes in and hands me the keys. Telling me the boss wants me to take this car for the weekend.
IMG_20200110_184705885.jpg

Not my thing but it should make for a comfortable trip tomorrow. Maybe make a bad situation seem a little better or go a little better? The funeral is for a 22 year old kid that got hit by a car so it's not really an easy thing

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So I went with my boss this morning before work to check out a motor for his mustang and we stopped by the other body shop he bought. I start there as manager next week there's definitely room for improvement. I think I'm going to like it. We took the suburban and I got to talk to him a bit. I told him what I needed to do to the suburban before tomorrow and he told me "just take my truck" it's a late model exploder with some issues.lol so just before closing time tonight the kid that dose parts pulled up out front of my Bay parks the car he's driving comes in and hands me the keys. Telling me the boss wants me to take this car for the weekend.
View attachment 133154
Not my thing but it should make for a comfortable trip tomorrow. Maybe make a bad situation seem a little better or go a little better? The funeral is for a 22 year old kid that got hit by a car so it's not really an easy thing
You know, as much as jersey sucks for being... well, jersey... it sounds like you're finally getting back a little bit of what the universe owes you, and the new gig sounds like something maybe worth hanging around a while for - or at least considering the hour long commute from out of state. (Or is it not as local to home?)

The new boss sounds like a pretty good guy too. Seems like the loaner is as much to de-stress you as it is for the wife/kids. The situation sucks and I wish the family the best, and that goes for all related.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Glad to hear your boss is lookin out for you.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
You know, as much as jersey sucks for being... well, jersey... it sounds like you're finally getting back a little bit of what the universe owes you, and the new gig sounds like something maybe worth hanging around a while for - or at least considering the hour long commute from out of state. (Or is it not as local to home?)

The new boss sounds like a pretty good guy too. Seems like the loaner is as much to de-stress you as it is for the wife/kids. The situation sucks and I wish the family the best, and that goes for all related.
Yeah he's not what I expected at all. Next week should be interesting

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Glad to hear your boss is lookin out for you.
As I decompress working for him everyone around me has noticed a change in me Eric told me last weekend I was always wound tight like someone pulled my pin and I was about to go off like a grenade. Even the wife and kids say I'm happier than I was. I have a feeling I'm going to be making a lot of changes and getting a lot more done.

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor