Dirty Jersey bourbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Brake Clean is a bad idea! Don't do it inside a building. Very toxic. Our eyes burned and our throats. We felt like dieing.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Looks like this truck is getting jealous of my plans. Or she's a needy b... You get the idea. This morning the glow plugs wouldn't cycle on so it won't start. I couldn't finde any starting fluid so I tried some brake clean... Bad idea! Omg I thought it was running away then I thought it was going to explode! I'll never do that again. Well maybe I will never know in a pinch. So tomorrow before I can go do what I want to I need to learn about glow plugs and find the problem. The light on the dash isn't coming on or anything. I'm hoping it's a fuse.
IIRC there's a switch/relay thats somewhere behind the air cleaner.. maybe near pass valve cover?

The purpose was to cut off when temp was too high, but, they were a failure point and with lack of replacements people generally bypassed them to eliminate the part.

Could either be you still have one that went bad, or, someone elimitated it and they way they did it came loose.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Brake Clean is a bad idea! Don't do it inside a building. Very toxic. Our eyes burned and our throats. We felt like dieing.
Not to mention it sounded like a dump truck full of ball bearings going threw a nitroglycerin plant. Scared the crap out of me!

• Haha

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm trying to get motivated but it's just so cold out! At least the sun is shining today maybe it will warm up a bit

• Optimistic

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'm trying to get motivated but it's just so cold out! At least the sun is shining today maybe it will warm up a bit
That problem is much simpler to fix, 3 step process gets you started.

Step one: rent two trailers

Step two: load said trailers and attach one to crew cab, one to burban

Step three: load family in said chevys and hop on i95 S, leaving jersey.

These steps also have the side effect of fixing other problems - working on the house, overpaying taxes, and, well, significantly reducing just about every other cost of living, ends being stuck working on rusty crap, etc, etc

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So it wasn't the temp switch or a fuse or relay. The glow plug controller is bad but I can glow them with a screwdriver like jumping a starter. I priced it out and I refuse to spend another $145 on a truck with no title later in the day today I found a nos GM one on eBay for $49 free shipping and bought it.
As far as noise when I shot it with brake clean it wAs something like a dump truck full of ball bearings going threw a nitroglycerin plant with no brakes... Never again!

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
That problem is much simpler to fix, 3 step process gets you started.

Step one: rent two trailers

Step two: load said trailers and attach one to crew cab, one to burban

Step three: load family in said chevys and hop on i95 S, leaving jersey.

These steps also have the side effect of fixing other problems - working on the house, overpaying taxes, and, well, significantly reducing just about every other cost of living, ends being stuck working on rusty crap, etc, etc
I hear NC is nice...

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I hear NC is nice...
It is... we still get some cold and snow, but nowhere near what the northern part gets... there’s a reason I haven’t moved back to Michigan...😉

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor