do I paint my 1980 Olds 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
thanks for the input there really is no issues just wanting to bring it back to show room condition you have a great day Jeff

Hey Jeff. Nice car, I would agree with keeping it the original color scheme. I would change out the 442 badging to the original Hurst Olds badging also. Love the tan tones of the interior.

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Hey Jeff. Nice car, I would agree with keeping it the original color scheme. I would change out the 442 badging to the original Hurst Olds badging also. Love the tan tones of the interior.
The Hurst badging was for the 79 models the 1980 models had w-30 decals it is the original decals they only made 886 of these 4-4-2 models in 1980 most where sold in Canada i think 540 where black and gold and 346 where white and gold but thanks for the response and have a nice day Jeff from the Peg

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
Cool, never knew that. Haven't see one of the 80 models with 442 on the side. Keep her original.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Jeff,

Welcome to the site. That's a great looking car. I'm not standing right next to it but as others have said, it presents very well. I don't think I would have it repainted if it were me. If I did repaint it, I would put it back exactly the same.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I agree with everyone saying if there are no issues with the paint than leave it, maybe get it detailed to bring it back a little more but sweet looking as is.
Plus you could end up painting the car to end up having it not look as good as it does now.
And of coarse I would have to through some parts on the 350 to up the power a little more to my liking.

• Agree

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I have to agree with everyone on this one as well....certainly looks like the one that was for sale in Winnipeg...I posted it in the Auction links section and noticed shortly after it was gone.

Looks like a nice one!

Sadly I snoozed on a white and gold one somewhat local to me....

aSFAhG.jpg

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
I have to agree with everyone on this one as well....certainly looks like the one that was for sale in Winnipeg...I posted it in the Auction links section and noticed shortly after it was gone.

Looks like a nice one!

Sadly I snoozed on a white and gold one somewhat local to me....

aSFAhG.jpg
yes it was the the posted in Winnipeg bought on Friday August 19 2016

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
I agree with everyone saying if there are no issues with the paint than leave it, maybe get it detailed to bring it back a little more but sweet looking as is.
Plus you could end up painting the car to end up having it not look as good as it does now.
And of coarse I would have to through some parts on the 350 to up the power a little more to my liking.
I am thinking about putting in a 350 crate motor and keeping the original motor and transmission in storage thanks for your reply have a good day

• Dislike

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I am thinking about putting in a 350 crate motor and keeping the original motor and transmission in storage thanks for your reply have a good day

just remember that there is differences between the olds 350, and chevy 350's, and a sbc isn't a plug-and-play upgrade.

beautiful car, and my vote would be like the majority: it's only original once, and as one of the guys said, it may not turn out as nice as the original finish.... glad you're not wanting to hack it up!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor