Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Re: Dodge Cummins vs Chevy Duramax goes WAY too far - Sore L

454muscle said:
jrm81bu said:
Technically yes my analogy isn't correct. But it goes to show how wrong the title is. It's not a sore loser it's a s ore hey you really tried to **** my sh*t up. The correct analogy is if we raced, you won, and then hit my car. Does they make it ok to do?
Hitting your car, no, not ok to do. But why would I do that, I'd hit the juice and try to beat you at the race by as much as possible -- that was the objective.
The Cummins guy did just that, albeit, he could have had a little more respect for the other guy's truck and not go overboard like that.

Once one guy starts to move the other (figure a few feet) it's over. You won't recover. Pulling him til he ran out of road, that's just being cocky and leaving no doubt he's "better". But as soon as he went over the curb, there is no excusing that action.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

jrm81bu said:
454muscle said:
jrm81bu said:
Technically yes my analogy isn't correct. But it goes to show how wrong the title is. It's not a sore loser it's a s ore hey you really tried to **** my sh*t up. The correct analogy is if we raced, you won, and then hit my car. Does they make it ok to do?
Hitting your car, no, not ok to do. But why would I do that, I'd hit the juice and try to beat you at the race by as much as possible -- that was the objective.
The Cummins guy did just that, albeit, he could have had a little more respect for the other guy's truck and not go overboard like that.

Once one guy starts to move the other (figure a few feet) it's over. You won't recover. Pulling him til he ran out of road, that's just being cocky and leaving no doubt he's "better". But as soon as he went over the curb, there is no excusing that action.
:oops: Excuse my ignorance and apologies, for I was not aware this was a common deal or that there even existed any "truck pull etiquette"... from the responses here, it seems there is. In this case, I take back the "sore loser" statement, if I wasn't clear earlier.

There's the matter of the supposed trash talk from the Chevy guy, but seems it's just speculation. Still, yes, it went too far.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio

I wouldnt call it "etiquette" but COMMON SENSE! If I was the guy in the Chevy I woulda waited for him to stop the Dodge and then I would drag his *ss all over.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

not too often you see a ford getting towed that is still running

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada

pontiacgp said:
not too often you see a ford getting towed that is still running

Fords break cause they're used to pull chevs and dodges out too much.

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. First of all, it doesn't matter how powerful your truck is, once the other truck's tires start spinning and he's being pulled backwards, a Cruze could pull it around. It's a ridiculous concept, and proves nothing. So I would say both guys are idiots for even trying it. The Ram driver is also a jerk for pulling him over the curb and for that distance. Once he got traction and started with his forward momentum, he could have continued pulling until the last pieces of the Chevy were ground down on the pavement and all that was left was the chain. Beyond this, nothing would surprise me coming from people who would do this. Seeing this reminds me why it's good to lead a boring life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor