Does anybody use a zddp oil or additive in their car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
In my Turbo Buick I run1/2 bottle of ZDDP Plus with my 7.5 quarts of Brad Penn semi-synthetic 10W-30 oil as recommended by Richard Clark
1605910543179.png

:popcorn:

-Gonz

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You guys using racing oil on the street.... you do realize that it has much less detergents than regular oil and is made to be changed out very frequently???
We ran VR1 in the Galaxie once. During that time I learned it wasn't a great choice for a car that sits around. That's why we switched to the Summit "break in" oil. Right amount of zinc and a good additive package for a classic car.

Reactions: 2 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Use a synthetic like Mobil, Pennzoil, Castrol etc. What does the manual say? All of us engineers on this forum will totally disagree with the recommendation of the OEM. I change mine once a year on my seldom used cars. Whichever brand you like the most. Basically they are the same quality. (some will disagree a whole lot) Then there are the snake oil (specialty oil brands) that claim wonders of protection to your 1 of a million made engine) They work for a 5000hp top fuel which is the equivalent of your at max 270 hp at the rear going downhill. Start the car let it warm up a lot , drain oil, change filter. Your V6 is no different than anyone else's Yugo/V6/V8/V10 etc etc.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Wow my 04 GMC envoy 4.2 inline 6 hold 7 quarts and I thought that was alot. Where does it all go in you 3.8 v6
This is another part of why new vehicles can go the Miles/Kms they do between oil changes, higher oil capacity. Just about everything is 6L and up now.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
We ran VR1 in the Galaxie once. During that time I learned it wasn't a great choice for a car that sits around. That's why we switched to the Summit "break in" oil. Right amount of zinc and a good additive package for a classic car.
care to elaborate on this? break in oil isn't designed for longevity..

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
RJC Racing’s deep sump oil pan holds a lot more than the factories 5 quart oil pan.
Well, that's one take on it. I've always heard that the deep sump was to reduce windage by keeping the crank out of the oil. "Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor