Door/Window problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im not sure what section this belongs in but anyway I got a problem with my driver side window. The top is leaning too far in causing it to not seat right against the new weatherstripping. When the window is up all the way and I close the door it grips and pushes on the weatherstripping and the door wont close all the way unless I really push. Heres some pics
windowproblem3.jpg

You can see the small nick where the window hits the trim as it closes.
windowproblem2.jpg

This is where the front of the window sits on the weatherstripping when its not closed all the way. You have really push on the door for it to close all the way
windowproblem1.jpg

When I compare it to the otherside, which closes and seats fine, I see that the top is bowed inward more. What can I do to fix this?

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
There are adjusters on the door frame near the top of the door. They are bolts that adjust the track of the window in and out as it rises. just gotta play with it a bit. if your window seal is thicker than the stock one, that may be the reason its not shutting.
002-2.jpg

001-1.jpg

Highwood Malibu

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
I would agree with Bill, also keep in consideration how your door is aligned to the body. Man you could spend a hole day working on windows if you wanted to, they are so blasted annoying. I still have to adjust mine so they close without some assistance but my doors are also a bit misaligned.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Highwood Malibu said:
I would agree with Bill, also keep in consideration how your door is aligned to the body. Man you could spend a hole day working on windows if you wanted to, they are so blasted annoying. I still have to adjust mine so they close without some assistance but my doors are also a bit misaligned.
x2

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I was tinkering with it all night and I had them adjusters all the out towards the window and it does the samething. Everything is fine but the top leans inward way too much. The other side is perfect and opens and closes fine. I looked at the adjustments on that door and they are about the same. The only difference between doors is the one thats giving me a hard time is electric and the other is a crank. Both doors have new weather stripping in and out. I dont see any adjustments concerning the top lean. Im lost :x

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I also have the door lined up good. Good as in its lined up to the body and the gaps are all even.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Is this a new door to the car? Or did this just start after you changed out the weatherstrip? Its possible that the window stops in the door are not adjusted right, allowing the window to go up too far. What happens if you roll the window down and up with the door shut? Does the window move in and out alot when the door is open or is it pretty firm?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
bill said:
Is this a new door to the car? Or did this just start after you changed out the weatherstrip? Its possible that the window stops in the door are not adjusted right, allowing the window to go up too far. What happens if you roll the window down and up with the door shut? Does the window move in and out alot when the door is open or is it pretty firm?
This door is original, the only new things is the weather stripping. I tried moving the stops around but tomarow im gonna try and lower them some more. I never had new weather stripping before so this is all new. The other door is a replacement and it lines up perfect on the first shot, go figure. I walked away from it for the night before I ended up with a shattered window so I will try again tomarow. Thanks for the info, I will show my findings tomarow.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Update: spent 2 hours working on it tonight, its still ****ed up. Im all out of ideas but the thought of taking a sledgehammer and starting over at this point is sounding more logical. Anybody have this issue? I have literally taken everything out and put it back in, messed with every adjustment and tried moving the window. Still I close the door and it grabs the weather stripping and doesnt close. And no the weather stripping is not in wrong. If you cant tell im alittle frustrated

Highwood Malibu

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
I tried drilling new holes in my drip rain to bring the seals out more. It works okay ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor