dual fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Dodge Stratus fans fit nicely and move a lot of air. You just need custom brackets, easy to make up.

Ferret

Apprentice
Aug 31, 2012
Luxembourg
Buy yourself SPAL-Fans :D measure the space you got on your radiator and buy the largest one's you can fit. i run them on my lemans and they cool faster as any other electric fan I had previously. once they start, their air-displacement creates a real hurricane.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
x3 on the intrepid/ stratus fans pulls a bunch of air in just low speed vs high speed ... be prepared to upgrade your charging system if it is stock. :wink: i am using my ls1 ecm to control them though, bought my fans from the salvage yard quite a few years ago and still going strong not bad for 30 bucks! used a Cutlass radiator hold down plate and fabbed a bracket to support the bottom. If you decide to go that route i have a couple cutty radiator hold down plates... 8)

H2O gbodies

Apprentice
May 2, 2009
Keep in mind the Dodge wiring for the fans is in series-unlike any junk aftermarket fan hut far more reliable. You will need to chassis ground both black leads, then there is usually a green and a yellow lead-powering either one alone gives you low speed, powering the 2nd one gives you high speed. Keep this in mind when building a relay kit for them. On my relay kits I use a 40A weatherproof fuse holder because I have seen on occasion 25-28 amp draws on high speed. I would run the relay power from a remote 12V junction instead of the battery because its easier for the alternator to see a drop in voltage in the system instead of the battery.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just put the duel intrepid fan in my GP. I removed it myself at the yard and cut the wiring past the connector so I had one black wire to ground both fans. I only have one thermal switch so I wired both for high speed and i'm leaving it that way till I take it out this winter. I find the intrepid fans way too heavy. I have a relay and use a 30 amp fuse.

This is the wiring if you do want to wire it for 2 speed.

Black= ground
Green= low
Green and yellow= high

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
gmachinzz said:
Keep in mind the Dodge wiring for the fans is in series-unlike any junk aftermarket fan hut far more reliable. You will need to chassis ground both black leads, then there is usually a green and a yellow lead-powering either one alone gives you low speed, powering the 2nd one gives you high speed. Keep this in mind when building a relay kit for them. On my relay kits I use a 40A weatherproof fuse holder because I have seen on occasion 25-28 amp draws on high speed. I would run the relay power from a remote 12V junction instead of the battery because its easier for the alternator to see a drop in voltage in the system instead of the battery.

good tip! I also wired them with my ls1 stock fuse boxes and had the ecm control them. Once I had it tuned they they both turn on at low speed at around 180, and if running hotter then that the high speed kicks on! I've recently had a bearing squeak on one fan motor since last year but considering that it runs constantly and it they only cost me 30 or so bucks I can't complain! I think they even sell the motors separately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor