dual hump crossmember

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMNorway

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2011
Is there enybody who got some messures and dravings to make a homemade Xmember for a THM350C ?
I'm planning to make one, but don't know how to do it :oops:

Buyin one and ship it ower sea to Europe is to expencive, so i have to make one...
I was thinking of something like the one Iceman makes :)

So if enybody have one lying around maby u could take some messurements of it :)

Thanks Christian

monteboy84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2005
Have you considered just notching your original crossmember? I know that plenty of guys here in the US have done it with good results.

-matt

GMNorway

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2011
Yes i hawe considered that.
Thats probably the easyest and cheapest way of doing it. Heat it and notch it :) Ore cut it and veld in a U profile.

monteboy84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2005
Notching and welding in reinforcement gets my vote 8)

-matt

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
monteboy84 said:
Notching and welding in reinforcement gets my vote 8)

-matt

Yep mine too. Heres some pics of mine. Previous owner had someone do it for him. Looks and works great.
crossmember1.jpg

crossmember2.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I cut mine and used 1/4 plate steel to plate the open ends of the support and laid a piece over the section and welded it up....if you are concerned about keeping the support it's correct length and shape make a box using 2x4s and mount the support to it before you cut it...

GMNorway

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2011
I will go for notcing and welding :) A friend of mine works at a Welding shop, and will help me do it :)
Free of charge ;) So i cant say no to that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor