El camino rear widebody& raised rear quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Besides the weather turning colder & I still don't have a booth to fit the whole vehicle into at work yet, here are 2 main reasons I haven't got nuthin done lately. Brought the bedcover home for now, Ill get a pic of it on truck sometime. Also got a galaxy 10 company phone last week , so I can take better pics & worthwhile video quality now.
20191208_172945.jpg

Gotta work on old honey do lists in the yard for a while now.

Reactions: 2 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Cruises ALREADY ?! I’m jealous !! Every time I see that car, I’m amazed. I’d bet you run into some people that don’t even know what an El Camino is. Let alone what you’ve done to yours.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Cruises ALREADY ?! I’m jealous !! Every time I see that car, I’m amazed. I’d bet you run into some people that don’t even know what an El Camino is. Let alone what you’ve done to yours.
I'm counting down until Cars N Coffee opener as well

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Though I have a company work truck that I do some personal stops in, this is my only personal vehicle right now, so I tend to run it as is & not keep it undriveable for too long. It pains me to not be further along, but not having a fully enclosed garage at home or the paint booth at work I thought I'd have by now doesn't help.

These 2 reasons still aren't helping either.
image000000.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Probably 6 months now since I've had time to work on my stuff with no time in immediate site. Work truck had total brake failure at end of my street this morning, so dug out work truck# 2 for the day. New design of bedcover is lower than old one, but still can carry several 5 gal buckets standing up among other things.

Got a possible idea on custom bedcover hinging I wanted to see what yall thought. Aluminum cover is narrower than stock elky width now. Thought about making articulating HD hinges (example pictured below) to make cover lift up to one side & rearward so it doesn't have to be removed to occasionally carry larger items, such as my drift trike project. It would be a bit taller than the truck & catch sidewinds, but I think I could make it strong enough.
Thoughts?? Of course I won't be doing any time soon, but need to do something cool with new smaller cover shape.
20200610_090610.jpg
20200606_000649.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
Maybe use a torsion bar like some of the billet hood hinge set up .and or hydraulics and or air.Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor