electric fan help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

tru88monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
im thankful for all the input well im going to mount it like i said and see what happens.if bad then ill spend the 60 for the new blades and make it a puller

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I've never heard of anyone purposely doing this. I know people who have accidentally wired their fans backwards and they indeed had cooling problems. Pullers are meant to go behind the rad, and pushers are meant to go in front of the rad.

What do you mean by super cooler?

tru88monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
super cooler is just a trans cooler B&M call it a super cooler. i went to a shop that builds circut race cars and they set it up like how mine is. this is sounding crazy. and i do understand what you gentlemen are saying. my buddy got it hooked up the same way and he has a truck with a 454 and he can tow at 70 mpg on the eway and be under 190degrees

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Trans coolers are typically quite small - being that you have no mechanical fan, you could mount it on the reverse side of the rad if you wanted.

Sounds like your mind was made up before asking the question, so let us know how it works out for you. It may work, but would be far from ideal.

tru88monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
my friend that is helping me with my ss put it on the front. but like i said i will try it out and if its not working good ill have the fan blades over nighted. i do appreciate the help. just cant wait to drive my car again its been since oct. of 07!

tru88monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
well i talked to a few more people and i went to the speed shop and bought the blades. be here tuesday. thanks for everyones input. help out alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor