engine problems, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you buy a spark plug gapper or use a set of feeler gauges. Its the physical gap between the ground strap and electrode at the bottom of the plug. Believe those are the correct terms. If not im sure somebody will correct me. And what he means by 40 or 45 is really .040 or .045 inch.

cutlassguy said:
do a cap an rotor and then replace all your plugs with ac/delco or whatever they originally used in the motor. ive pissed around with cleaning plugs, and now ive realized you can have 2 different sets of plugs and have 2 completely different running engines. anytime ive used bosch, i found the motor would have shitty acceleration but be better at higher rpms, but when i switched back to the plain-jane original ac/delco's, it would run alot better.

Yeah I got new wires cause most were cut or breaking.
I didn't get new plugs but I did clean the gunk off and out of the entrance of the plug.
Because the plugs I have now are autolite.
Its running a bit better but, still sounding a bit rough.
But If truly should have to get plugs I will get ac/delco.

CHRIS.O said:
No you buy a spark plug gapper or use a set of feeler gauges. Its the physical gap between the ground strap and electrode at the bottom of the plug. Believe those are the correct terms. If not im sure somebody will correct me. And what he means by 40 or 45 is really .040 or .045 inch.

Oh okay cause I am new to plugs and wires so I had no clue.
Thank you.

That would work. You can buy the cheap 99 cent ones at the counter too if they have any. In my opinion the cheap ones arent as accurate and are kind of a throw away but for a buck im ok with that. Your just trying to set the gap between the electrode and ground strap. So you will CAREFULLY bend the ground strap in or out depending on the gap spec. Then the wire parts on that gauge are how you measure the gap. They will be labeled what size they are. You slide it between the ground strap and electrode until there is no play or VERY LITTLE but it shouldnt have to be forced in there either.

CHRIS.O said:
That would work. You can buy the cheap 99 cent ones at the counter too if they have any. In my opinion the cheap ones arent as accurate and are kind of a throw away but for a buck im ok with that. Your just trying to set the gap between the electrode and ground strap. So you will CAREFULLY bend the ground strap in or out depending on the gap spec. Then the wire parts on that gauge are how you measure the gap. They will be labeled what size they are. You slide it between the ground strap and electrode until there is no play or VERY LITTLE but it shouldnt have to be forced in there either.

Yeah I don't mind either.
I will just get the one I posted seems like those are the better ones to use.
Also Thanks for the video on how to do it.
I will definitely get on that tonight or tomorrow depending if I can get a ride before AZ closes.

get a dime, wiggle it in the gap, an your good to go, it is pretty damn close to 45 use a 10 cent piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor